Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: What kind of hat do you wear?

Frank, where did you get those pictures? I got the impression (possibly mistaken) from BigCliff's posting that the Sonora Sombrero was no longer being made.
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

Hi Neil,

Well now that is a secret. Here is a link to the site. It sounded to me that it was no longer available so that is why I ask if this was the one. Their Super Safari Cap looks interesting also. Its hard to find a good Suplex hat. I wish I had The North Face Hat when I was Bear hunting in Alaska.

Frank

The Super Safari Hat

The North Face Hat

3. Default Re: What kind of hat do you wear?

Not sure what you would call it but it is from Orvis, and I picked it up several years ago. It is a wide brimmed het, but not like a panama hat. I think it is made of suede or some other heavy material. It gets a little hot in the summer, but has vents in it. You can kinda see it in my avatar. I have looked for it several times in the past couple of years but cant find it, many people have commented on it.
    Maybe he should wear a bandana like the flats guys do, so they dont have to worry about getting sun screeen in their eyes.

I had to do a little research to figure out that my hat is a Barhma style hat. I gather it's a type of fedora. In any case, it's broad brimmed, dark brown, and looks like something you'd see in the Australian outback. Got it at Cabela's on clearance. I consider it my one concesion to vanity.

BigCliff & Frank, it appears from the website Frank linked to that in fact this hat is for sale, in both colors (although I'd note that when you click on the More Info button, a different hat than these comes up, so I don't know how an actual purchase would go of it). Anyway, I'm always interested in a hat that will breath well in desert or Gulf Coast-type climates, so I'd be interested in any hands-on experience anyone has in how Outdoor Research's Sonora Sombrero copes in hot weather compared to their Nor'wester Sombrero, which is what I have.
    [/QUOTE]

Neil
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

6. Default Re: What kind of hat do you wear?

I have one of those helmets that holds two beers with the hose from each going into my mouth.....just kiddin'. I can't believe no body's gone there.

I have a felt outback style hat that has fold down ear flaps for when it's cold.

Vented outback style somewhat like the Cabelas for summer when it's hot.
    fatguide

fish or DIE

This company has some great outdoor hats.Riverz™ Amphibious Hats

8. Default Re: What kind of hat do you wear?

If you're looking for a good quality hat, buy from a good quality hat store. My dad actually owns one in Cleveland (shameless plug), called Mike the Hatter, mikethehatter : Western Cowboy Hats – Men’s Hats – Stetson Hat – Kangol Caps- Straw – Fedora, and we ship all over the world. Below are two that I really like, the mesh is good for summer and the twill is good for colder weather. Barmah makes good quality hats in lots of good styles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Whats Your hat when fishin'?

Trying to find the right hat for comfort and to keep the sun off of you....... Lambster chooses a light weight Felt Stentson to protect from the burning sun and for comfort in Hot or cold fishing..... Whats you Hat?

Lambster
    www.georgiaflyguide.com/
    Hello all! I've been looking for a flyfishing forum.........

Default Re: Whats Your hat when fishin'?

Hi Lambster,

Here is a link to a former thread about hats. Got lots of responces.

Frank

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast