Big Horn

FISHN50

Reaction score
I just found out some friends are going out to the Big Horn river on July 11th & decided to go. I need info on what to tie, equipment needed, weather & any other info you think I need.

Thank's
Neil

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Neil,

Where have you been??

I'll let the people who live out there answer your question but wanted you to know I have missed you here.

Ard

professor

Reaction score
Ray Charles, ray charles soft hackle. pinky soft hackle, pink shrimp, scuds and sow bugs - size 18 and 20
Big horn worm.

FISHN50

Reaction score
Thank's for the info guys. I'll start tying up a bunch of hoppers & the other flies listed. Any particular size/color hopper? This is my first trip out there & I want to go prepared & not have to steal flies at night from my buddies boxes.HeH HeH......Only kidding, we share.
Hi Ard. I was out of the loop for a while due to some medical problems & surgeries & just depressed because of the cancer, but the doctors say it's all gone so I believe them. I had to retire due to the being tired all the time but that's getting better & I'm fishing again. Matter of fact I just came back from 2 wks. at GLS in Maine. & now I'm going to Montana. I have my 3 yr. old granddaughter for 2 days / wk. so I have to get back among the living. She keeps me going & was a better medicine than any doctor could ever give me.
I was in some swaps when this all started & I just dropped out of them & I apologize to anyone who was affected by my climbing into that shell & not completing them.
All I can say is I'm Back.........

Thanks again
Neil

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Neil,

Well Ard is right that we did miss you and hope to see you posting now that you are feeling better. Don't worry about missing out on the fly swaps. Things happen and you have to do whatever helps you through it.

Here is a 6-7-10 update from the Big Horn Fly Shop. It has some suggestions for flies.

Frank

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
We will all be glad to have you back and I completely understand why you disappeared. Things are a bit sideways here in Alaska right now (South Central) but other areas are fishing well. Maybe you'll have to get in a trip to the state while you are in adventure mode?

I'll be in touch,

Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Neil: Send a PM to Moe b (he works out of one of the fly shops in Ft Smith) and also send a PM to Bighorn Flies (Eric ties flies for one of the shops on the big Horn), they can glue you in on sizes and colors.

Larry