got my new William Joseph Current pack today...got a question on it

luked

Reaction score
got the pack today and got all my stuff in it. really like the pack. had to do a little modifying a little bit but got it all working good.
but i do have a question on it though.....on the main compartment when you open it up the "lid" has a rubber piece that has a elastic loop on it...what in the world is this for? at first i thought it might be for holding a rod but no clue how that would work.....does anyone know what this thing is for?

o mykiss

Reaction score
got the pack today and got all my stuff in it. really like the pack. had to do a little modifying a little bit but got it all working good.
but i do have a question on it though.....on the main compartment when you open it up the "lid" has a rubber piece that has a elastic loop on it...what in the world is this for? at first i thought it might be for holding a rod but no clue how that would work.....does anyone know what this thing is for?
for your bottle of floatant. :biggrin:

luked

Reaction score
had to have some way to put a stringer on as well as a place to put my landing net cord zip ties work very well

mack_s

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail yesterday and the first thing I checked out was the rubber piece on the lid that Luked was mentioning. Seems to me that it is upside down?? You put your bottle in and it points toward you. I would have though you'd want it to point away and hang over the edge of the lid. That way when you use it you don't get floatant all over the inside of the pack.

Other wise seems like a great little pack to use in the surf or let the girlfriend borrow to get her out on the water. No zippers to rust which is a plus and the magnet seems pretty strong to not flap open at the wrong time. It looks stylish too...and we all know how we need to look good while out on the water. :D

luked

Reaction score
got to use mine this past weekend for 3 days at bennett spring trout park here. over all im very happy with the pack.
i did a few things to make it better for me just adding things to put more stuff on like stringer and landing net cord. did get some dry fly flotant and the tab on it does work well.
i can hold 2 medium size fly boxes and pretty much everything else i need and its pretty comfortable.
i was a little worried that the neck strap would get my shoulders hurting after a few hours but yesterday fised for 6 hours straight and never once had a problem.
im very happy with the pack thats for sure.

the only thing i dont like about it is the front compartment where it has the drying patch it has velcro that is supposed to stay hooked up and mine dont stay at all...its kind of aggriviateing every time i open that one up it wants to fall out so i got to keep an eye on it but thats the only complaint i have with it