Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New to Fly fishing

1. Default New to Fly fishing

I've never fly fished before, but I am very interested in learning all I can about the sport. I've fished my whole life, but have never had the opportunity to get into fly fishing. I just accepted a job to work in Yellowstone over the summer and plan on fly fishing while I'm out there. Any information on good gear: rods, reels, flies, waders, vests, ect. (anything I'll need) would be greatly appreciated. I'm new so take it easy on me, thanks.

Default Re: New to Fly fishing

3. Default Re: New to Fly fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle48 View Post
    I've never fly fished before, but I am very interested in learning all I can about the sport. I've fished my whole life, but have never had the opportunity to get into fly fishing. I just accepted a job to work in Yellowstone over the summer and plan on fly fishing while I'm out there. Any information on good gear: rods, reels, flies, waders, vests, ect. (anything I'll need) would be greatly appreciated. I'm new so take it easy on me, thanks.

I wish I could sit here and say "I just accepted a job in Yellowstone over the summer". That is awesome! I'd be fishing every moment I had for spare time.

I would say start reading like Kai pointed out. Visit fly shops and ask for advise. I started off buying cheap stuff and ended up having to replace it. Somethings you can buy cheap, but waders and boots, I would get a decent pair. (150+ range for waders and 60+ on the boots)
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*