Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default hello... (photo inside)

lost three today on my lunch break... i just couldn't get a good hook set...they'd make a couple strong runs, shake their heads and the hook would pop out.... i even made sure my hook was extra sharp.... but i managed to land this guy... i measured him at 26".... gonna fillet him and give to my parents:

Blog Entries

Default Re: hello... (photo inside)

What size reel are you using? And is that a Lamson?
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Nice fish! Hard to say why they were spitting the hook out. I've had lots of fish that spit the hook out in the net and I realized how important it is to keep the pressure on when bringing them in.
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

You are putting a real hurt on a lot of us o mykiss.

Keep up the good work.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
    What size reel are you using? And is that a Lamson?
    it sure is a lamson.
    velocity 3X hard alox.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    Nice fish! Hard to say why they were spitting the hook out. I've had lots of fish that spit the hook out in the net and I realized how important it is to keep the pressure on when bringing them in.
    yea. it baffles me... i thought i set the hook real good and hard.... but those northerns do have a tough mouth.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    You are putting a real hurt on a lot of us o mykiss.

Keep up the good work.

Dave
    thanks dave!