Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazed?

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Amazed?

I have to add some to what I've already said. I think I've already mentioned these guys before, and If I didn't I should have. This however is the definition of above and beyond the call here. Pocono (Allen) offered to loan my Canadian friend, the "Amazing Natural Caster", his 5 wt. Hardy just so he would have a quality rod to try and see how he did. This a pretty expensive new rod only used when he went to France and fished with JP. My friend decided not to because he's leary of using other peoples stuff, I think he's worried he'd break it or something but the offer is a very generous one. I tip my hat to you Alen, you are a great guy. Next is WJC (Jim), who when I posted I was having problems with my backing going all squirrely from casting far with almost the whole line. WJC knew how to fix the problem, but went again above and beyond by sending me the stuff to fix it. By the way, the casting advice he's given my Canadian friend is as he says "Golden".

We certainly are lucky to have such a great forum and have so many great members on it. Amazing.

I'm going to thank the new members. The regulars are always good for some valuble info but the new members challenge me to keep it simple. I think before I type when I reply to someone with limited experience. Guiding them reminds me that the joy is in the cast, the take, the fight, not how much I'm able to spend on gear.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

As a new member I would like to thank all the members here, seems this bunch is more than willing to freely give away their hard earned experiences to further all our enjoyment on the river or at our tying benches. Thanks guys and gals.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by bruce m View Post
    ... this bunch is more than willing to freely give away their hard earned experiences to further all our enjoyment on the river or at our tying benches...
    So true, and not all forums I have seen are this way either.

I can't pin it down to just one or a few members. Something about the overall makeup of members here just keep me coming back every time I fire up the computer.
    Thanks for the great campfire, powers-that-be!

I just want to say that I caught a weird looking fish on my fly rod, and posted about it here. The guy who holds the IFGA record for that species responded and gave me advice on how to catch 'em. That's amazing to me!

I'm always impressed by the quality of discussion and advice here. I get to share and learn with guys like Len Harris. That's amazing too.

I've been not as active recently and I miss this forum....
    I miss the acquaintances that I have made. Contributing to the ongoing discussions, albeit minimally. Most of all, I miss talking fishing.
    I recommended a friend to the forum a couple of weeks ago and hearing him talk about what he had learned in just a short time on the forum brought back some fond memories of bugging the heck out of Ard, annoying the devil out of Robert, and the same treatment to countless other members. However, I'm grateful to all for their patience because I wouldn't have what fly fishing knowledge I do have without them.
    Thank you Dan for starting this thread. There have been other threads with similar themes, but in my opinion, there are never too many chances to show our appreciation for our mentors...
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Blog Entries

i'm gonna keep it simple- any one who has answered any of my questions, commented on my pics or blogs, or anyone else that has responded to my posts....thank you
    ard, thank you for all
    of your knowledge
    milt, i enjoy the word stuff alot
    dan, i need to learn to spey cast
    mojo, i respect your hard nosed input
    frank, your a great moderator
    this is atruly wonderful place.

p.s- gary, i love your mini rod tube humidor

casey

ARFE

I think that most the members of this forum have more experience than i and they all for the most part have been free sharing it. However....

wait for it.....

you know who it is.....

Ard has been particularly helpful to me. From my perspective, he seems to know all there is to know about our mutual obsession. Plus, he especially adept at putting words to virtual paper.

Quote Originally Posted by vans View Post
    Ard has been particularly helpful to me. .

And he has that great mustache too!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast