Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Do you Have a Favorite Fishing Situation?

I'm with Gator and Davo, and since last fall, with a new twist for me. That's rolling out of my tent before sunup on a totally deserted beach stretching for 40 miles during the fall mullet run. Sitting in a camp chair drinking fresh coffee with a strung rod watching schools of mullet coming down the beach and looking for tarpon busts and tails.

Then sight casting to lit fish you know are going to take a properly presented fly. That is as exciting as watching a sailfish attacking a teaser and getting the fly into the air.

Am getting close to finally splashing my boat and I'm really getting psyched.

Cheers,
    Jim

Blog Entries

Where in SoFL do you fish out of, Jim?
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
    A day on my favorite spring creek, where numerous flies and techniques have come to fruition, as well as landing some really great browns and cutts over the last 8 years.

Here is what it looks like:

And, here is what we catch:

I haven't been able to fish my favorite spring this year due to my ankle problems, but perhaps this week I'll finally be off crutches and able to look forward to a trip to the spring sometime by the end of August - CAN'T WAIT!!!

Kelly.
    Kelly: I have to agree, that is just one beautiful place to fish. I'd like to go back there and fish, but I'm waiting for you get get back on your feet, I want to fish it with you again, maybe this fall or next spring.

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Water not too big, no such thing as too small pretty much. I am however, not opposed to the ocean.

Friends and camaraderie - but not too many of the former and no such thing as too much of the latter.

Fish rising to dries.

Hopefully solvable conundrums of drift, pattern, approach, etc., solvable yet difficult enough to stump you sometimes - so you later think about it when you're bored at work or when you're getting to sleep at night.

Good exercise, but just enough so you don't notice it 'til the next morning.

The campfire at the end of the day full of stories to raise a cup to, and only those. (Mortgages, back taxes, spousal troubles, etc. need not apply!)

Stewardship and fellowship and a nice camp cooked meal.

The witnessing of fauna or flora you've never experienced and trying to identify by hook or book or crook or Wikipedia, said fauna and flora.

I could go on. Just back from a trip and the gal and I are still casting in our heads.
    ~Noiso
    "By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Kelly: I have to agree, that is just one beautiful place to fish. I'd like to go back there and fish, but I'm waiting for you get get back on your feet, I want to fish it with you again, maybe this fall or next spring.

Larry
    Sounds great Larry. I get a CT scan tomorrow to see if all is well and then meet with the Doc on Thursday which should result in finally getting off of my crutches and getting somewhat back to normal. I can't wait to get back on the spring. It fished extremely well in between the extremely high water we had late spring and into summer, so I expect it to be very good this fall. Let's make sure to make this happen.

Kelly.

P.S.: here is another of the spring I love - Larry ought to recognize this one!

I fish, therefore I am - but I gotta go to work first..."piscari ergo sum"

I haven't been able to fish my favorite spring this year due to my ankle problems, but perhaps this week I'll finally be off crutches and able to look forward to a trip to the spring sometime by the end of August - CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Darn it Kelly, I would carry on my back all the way there if you would let me go back!

Sounds great Larry. I get a CT scan tomorrow to see if all is well and then meet with the Doc on Thursday which should result in finally getting off of my crutches and getting somewhat back to normal. I can't wait to get back on the spring. It fished extremely well in between the extremely high water we had late spring and into summer, so I expect it to be very good this fall. Let's make sure to make this happen.

Kelly.

P.S.: here is another of the spring I love - Larry ought to recognize this one!

I recognize this one...It's Larry's painting

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Kelly, what a picturesque spot!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Blog Entries

One thing I'm not is shy about sharing places such as my favorite spring with friends. I consider you guys and gals my friends here on the forum and would love to take you there for a day, share some flies, tactics, fish and lunch and make some memories. You all know how to contact me.

Dr. appointment this afternoon to go over the CT scan, can't wait, just hope it is what I think it is and not what happened last time...wish me luck.

Kelly.

Oh, and here's another of the spring:

...can't get enough.
    I fish, therefore I am - but I gotta go to work first..."piscari ergo sum"

Fingers crossed for you, piscari ergo sum!

Pocono

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast