East Coast Trip

flyguy2

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to take a trip to the east coast Oct 8 - 15. We will be in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and maybe New York. We are from California and I don't know anything about the area. I would appreciate any recommendations for fishing in the area, I don't know if I am going to be to late. Smallmouth, Trout, Salmon, basically any thing with fins. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Reaction score
I recently fished in Maine for brookies while on a work trip on the Kennebec River near Madison. Futher inland you can get bigger brook trout in the ponds.
Depending on where you're going, you can get anything from Landlocked Salmon, Atlantic Salmon (in season), Browns, Rainbows and brookies, as well as stripers and SM bass..

For NY, again depending on where you are going to be theres the Delaware river ear Hancock, east and west branch as well as main stem for browns and rainbows and maybe a walleye or two if your lucky, and also the Salmon River (Lake Ontario Trib) for Kings, Cohos and if you're late enough Steelhead and big monster brown....

gt05254

Reaction score
If you are coming to Vermont at that time of year, make SURE you have reservations for a place to stay. Most places are sold out years in advance for "leaf peeper" season.
Gary

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Like Gary says, that's prime leaf peeping season and a great time to be in northern NewEngland.
In Maine, fishing season closes the end of September, at least in streams and rivers. There's still C&R in ponds.
New Hampshire waters close on 10/15 in most cases, some earlier at special regulation salmon and "wild trout" designated waters. Vermont closes the end of Oct.
Maine easily has the most numerous and most diverse fishing opportunities, but Vermont is loaded with streams and smaller rivers. The Battenkill in the SW part of the state is well known but there's quality water everywhere.
There's some good fishing in NH as well, particularly in the far north on the upper Connecticut River and along the Maine border on the Androscoggin.

Last edited: