Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default What to do with a Lamson LP3- Switch Rod?

So I have found myself with a absolute mint condition Lamson/Sage LP3 that is not being used. This reel weighs about 6.5 oz and is rated for a 7wt line with about 200yds of gel spun. I was using it on my 7wt Sage but because of a recent find on eBay the LP has been replaced by a different reel.

I'm toying with a Scott 11ft 6wt but I'm not sure how often I would use it. Maybe once I got one I'd find it indispensable.... For the record I already have a Sage 10ft 5wt.

For you switch rod guys- how do you like them and how often do you use them? The big rivers I fish are the the White in Arkansas and the North Fork in Missouri.

Default Re: What to do with a Lamson LP3- Switch Rod?

Shoot, I'd whip some big flies around with that puppy, I saw pictures of an absolute beast of a brown come out of the North fork about a week back, And lord knows there are some monsters in the White. The fall run is on the way, that's what I would use it for.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
    Shoot, I'd whip some big flies around with that puppy, I saw pictures of an absolute beast of a brown come out of the North fork about a week back, And lord knows there are some monsters in the White. The fall run is on the way, that's what I would use it for.
    Howdy neighbor!! Funny you say that- I was on the NF about 10 days ago and the rumor going around is there are still big striper above Dawt. We did a late afternoon/evening trip and while I didn't see any of the 20-30 pound stripers I did see one that would go 10- easy. But thats not the cool thing-as we approached Blair in the evening I saw a big brown hen swimming around looking for dinner. I bet that brown was every bit 10 to 12 pounds.....

Blog Entries

Russelb, depending on the line chosen, you can swing streamers shallow/deep, indy nymph, high stick, and cast dries. I have a hard time putting my switch down.
    Feels better getting into bigger fish too, a bigger lever.....

Jim