Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Trolling in the USA

In the UK, we really frown upon trolling, I am rather nonplussed by the situation but is it also frowned upon in North America?
    Host your fishing photos free at Ourfishingphotos.com for easy use in fishing forums.
    List your fishing links at Ourfishingdirectory.com
    Browse & sell fishing boats at Ourfishingboats.com

2. Default Re: Trolling in the USA

in the northeast it is done on lakes all the time. we go every year at ice out to back lake in pittsburgh, n.h. people do a lot of trolling for salmon and lake trout aslo. we like to use flies but people use lures and bait also.

3. Default Re: Trolling in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Makubwa View Post
    In the UK, we really frown upon trolling, I am rather nonplussed by the situation but is it also frowned upon in North America?
    Yes we troll here and it is a very effective way to catch fish. It is not frowned upon here. I use flies and troll from my tube. When I had my boat I used to troll with lures and plastic baits.
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

4. Default Re: Trolling in the USA

Troll.....holy creeping crud batman.... have you not heard of the Grey Ghost..Mickey finn.....9/3 or any other great streamer flies from Maine? Most of the streamers tyed in the USA.....are trolling flies !!!!!!!! Google "maine streamer flies" and lest I forget...."Carrie Stevens". The greatest tyer of all time...... don't even try to say anything against her..look at the body of her work.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
    Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"

Re: Trolling in the USA

I suspect people in the UK frown upon a lot of things

Default Re: Trolling in the USA

Is this a serious question, or are you just trolling?

Trolling is a very effective and common way to fish.
    Lets go huntin, fishin, drinkin or sumthin!!

7. Default Re: Trolling in the USA

I know it is a very effective way of catching fish, where I am originally from, it is done loads, however Most fishing waters here will kick you off if you even mention the word!
    Host your fishing photos free at Ourfishingphotos.com for easy use in fishing forums.

8. Default Re: Trolling in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Makubwa View Post
    I know it is a very effective way of catching fish, where I am originally from, it is done loads, however Most fishing waters here will kick you off if you even mention the word!
    Is it illegal on those waters? If it isn't illegal on those waters then some folks need to lighten up and go fly a kite. If you pulled up to someone where I'm from and told them you didn't like them trolling and asked them to leave, you would probably end up with about 6 bullet holes right below the water line on your boat.
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

9. Default Re: Trolling in the USA

You said it.......

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
    Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"

10. Default Re: Trolling in the USA

Yes. It is written in the rules at most waters here. No trolling allowed.
    As I say i really don't have a problem with it, and I don't see why people do. Think the English are stuck up in many ways. It is an interesting debate though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast