Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
A Micky Finn is a Micky Finn no matter what you use to make it. I believe it is more appropriate to call flies having winging made from hair regardless of what 'hair' it is, 'hair wings'. This way there is no need to worry over what hair you would use to create the red & yellow fly, you can call it a hair wing
Not worried. Just respectful of the history
If I were to tie a salmon fly like a Jock Scott or a McIntyre of all synthetics, would it still be the same as the classic ?