Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lurking Members.....................

I'm just Glad to hear from you Life is a busy thing to be involved with and posting a report along with photos takes valuable time, you get a pass on that bud. I remember when you first joined up here, we had a PM info thing going on for a while. I'm always happy to hear that you're catching fish and having enjoyable days.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

I wonder if a lot of people join just to ask a question, then just "lurk" after that? Or they might just be trying to learn something without asking. This is a great forum and one I visit regularly. I might add that coming here I found people to do business with, cutthroatleaders being one of them and reelflyrod.com.
    Last edited by jcw355; 09-01-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Okiemountaineer

Blog Entries

While my contributions tend to be of limited value, a great number of my posts are "thank yous" to members for posting things I learned from (or am continuing to learn from) or just simple "hey, that's a cool fish/photo/rod/reel/etc." I'm just grateful that this forum functions as such a font of knowledge and I feel obliged to make my gratefulness clear
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Since joining i have learned alot from the members here and i do lurk alot during the day while at work and seldom check on weekends but i do try to post not that i know much but i will help if i can.I treally like this forum it's great
    SHANNON

There are distinct slow periods on this forum (and any other forum) with factors like wx coming into play-- (river's blown out, water temp is 183 Fahrenheit, or forgetting the ice pick....)

But, I always check in a few times a day. I may or may not participate. Often, my lack of posting is owed to having nothing new to add to a given thread-- sometimes I just don't post lest you all get tired of my incessant running of my lips....

I do, however, try to help and encourage, as much as possible any of the 'new guy' threads. Like that painful to listen to Whitney Houston song, I believe the children are our future. Much like the newb posts here. If this site can help them suceed, they will help this site sustain.

Blog Entries

I havent been a member or poster here very long. I have to say everyone here is awesome. No bickering imature "honey someone is wrong on the internet" type of stuff

I am a huge Coloradao Avalanche fan and I rarely post there. It is full of 16 year punks in their mom's basement. As I always tell them if I wanted every word I say to be nitpicked I'd go talk to my wife.

Great guys here tons of good info
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

as i always tell them if i wanted every word i say to be nitpicked i'd go talk to my wife.
    Well I can't get the smileys to work, but that is a good one!!!

:d :d :d :d

It's wonderful to see so many positives being written about this site.

Gatortransplant: Your opinions are of great value and enjoyable to read. "Thank Yous" are important, as they let the contributor know that his/her efforts are appreciated.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

One of the things I have witnessed here is that we have had members who, after becoming frequent posters became better writers grammatically speaking. Many of us become lax in our written communication skills unless we are required to use them as part of our work. This alone is a good rational for writing to the threads whether posting a question or observation or simply adding your two cents to an ongoing discussion. The increased typing skills that are gathered when you write here frequently are a benefit in and of themselves.

In other words the forum is a learning tool in many ways.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    One of the things I have witnessed here is that we have had members who, after becoming frequent posters became better writers grammatically speaking.

Ard
    I dunt now watcher takin bout.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast