Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Time for Selling Fly-Fishing Gear.

Having an excess of quality fly-fishing gear I need to pare out, I was wondering when most fly-fishers buy their gear. I'm assuming in the spring, approaching Father's Day and into mid-summer, and maybe also around Christmas. Fly-tying gear, on the other hand, I would assume is in highest demand off-season but approaching opening day, say January to March. Any other opinions?
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

Default Re: Best Time for Selling Fly-Fishing Gear.

i pretty much by fly tying gear year round. Mostly online. Sometimes in stores.
    As for rods reels etc, i get them when i have the money to buy them. Or when there are sales on....i'm a sale guy, so if its cheap and good quality i'll get it, so i guess year round for those too....
    Eunan

Addicted To Vise Flies

Blog Entries

+1. Whenever I see a good deal and it's something I need, I buy (as long as I have the money).
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Not much demand right now for used fly fishing equipment, stuff is going dirt cheap. What do you have for sale?

Fly2fish, I would think the winter months are the best time to sell, people are holed up and starting to think about spring and stuff they want to buy. Start by find matching products for sale on Ebay and track what they are selling for. At least you will have an idea of their fair value.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

For me "off-season" getting ready for the upcoming year. It's while I'm not spending actually going fishing.
    Now tying I probably spend and tie more off-season.

6. Default Re: Best Time for Selling Fly-Fishing Gear.

fly tying... right now, to me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Not much demand right now for used fly fishing equipment, stuff is going dirt cheap. What do you have for sale?

Fly2fish, I would think the winter months are the best time to sell, people are holed up and starting to think about spring and stuff they want to buy. Start by find matching products for sale on Ebay and track what they are selling for. At least you will have an idea of their fair value.

Dave
    It all depends on what you're selling Dave. Watch those Hardy reels on eBay for a while And the quality rods hold value also. I almost forgot to mention CFO reels, the vintage circa 1980 - 1992 ones, I am looking for a CFO II in mint shape myself.............................

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I am looking for a CFO II in mint shape .....
    Closest I've got is a Mint in CFO shape (Covered in Fuzzy Objects), but I'll keep an eye out.

February and March is when most of the High Roller bamboo rods would come up on ebay. I'd think that would be a good time. Christmas gone and people who don't snow ski working and saving for when they can have some fun again .

Cheers,
    Jim

I think most people buy gear in anticipation of the spring season, February and March. As for fly tying materials, New Years day. Right after the holiday season.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast