Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Hi from western washington

Hi! I have been reading all I can here for a couple weeks and I thought it was time I said hello. I am very new to fly fishing and I love it. My brother showed me some basics and lent me a rod and reel to play with. I have been stumbling around and having a great time with them. I have ben having good luck, catching fish every time I go out even if it is just one or two. Mostly small streams and small rainbows. My fiance just got me a great 4 weight rod and I am hoping my allen real will arrive today. I have not been this excited about a purchase in years.

I have been learning alot from the more experienced folks here and I am looking forward to getting better at choosing flys and finding fish. That bring said, if there are any more experienced people here that would be interested I would love to go out with a real fisherman (or woman) once or twice to see what it is supposed to look like ;-) or just for some company.

Jon

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Default Re: Hi from western washington

Welcome to the Forum ...

Dan

Howdy from northwest england. I was born in Anacortes. Where do you live? Was over in eastern Washington(Grand Coulee) visiting my brother and late Mom last June.
    The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!

4. Default

Thanks for the welcome. I am in Kent, about half way between Seattle and Tacoma. Flytyer you are a long ways from home...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Welcome to this site, talk with your local Fly shop to find a Flyfishing club in your area, you'ed be able to hook up with casters close to home.

Rick

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

Blog Entries

Hi Jon,

I'm sorta too far away and can't guarantee that I would be able to catch as many fish as you are. By the sound of your location you are in fishing paradise and are getting off to a good start.

Welcome to the forum and....... I'm happy to hear that this place has been a learning tool for you.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Jon...you will find tons of infos and advice here

Hi Jon. I know Kent well. Was stationed at McChord Air Base just before I left the AIr Force in 1971 to come here to england so I,ve been here a while now.
    The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!

Welcome, I wish we were closer and could help you out. Good advice so far. Talk to the shops and look for a club.

I know Kent well. My husband was from Renton, and I lived in the Buckley (Mt. Rainier) area for 30 some odd years. Beautiful country, but I have gotten used to the desert sun now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast