Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Nymphing help

1. Default Nymphing help

So I love fly fishing. I have no problem dry fly fishing and can usually catch some fish that way. However I think I am missing a whole other part of fly fishing. The few times I have tried nymphing I get caught up on many a snag on the bottom. Be it a crack in a rock or a submerged tree. I just can't get the hang of it. Can anyone recommend a good video to help me figure this frustrating technique out?

Default Re: Nymphing help

Google "nymph fishing videos", a slew of them will come up. You will know when watching the ones that make sense.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Default Re: Nymphing help

I use an indicator and constantly adjust depth. This is the way I fish probably 99 percent of the time. I have caught fish on dries but where I fish it's mainly under the water.
    Okiemountaineer