Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Seeking info....

Long time no post.....sorry

I've got my eye on a toon (Fish Cat 9 IR) for mostly stillwater and perhaps some light small river work.

Does anybody have experience with this particular toon and if so, pro's con's and all comments appreciated....

Respects......Fishstick
    The head, the tail, the whole damn thing

2. Default Re: Seeking info....

I just bought a 9, last years model and have not used it yet. I'm trying to figure out a way to put a wheel on it.
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

Default Re: Seeking info....

Hi Fishstick,

I don't own a Fish Cat but do have experience with a similar boat. The Fish cat 9 IR looks good and has some good things going for it. The best of which is it is made by Outcast. Their boats have a very good reputation. I think the 9' length is about right for a one-man boat. You will appreciate the rocker design if you fish rivers. You will be able to spin it with little effort. It has good valves. Here are some things to think about.

1. It is a steel frame and if it gets scratched it will rust. You can control this by keep you eye out for scratches and repairing them. It is powder coated and the paint is tough. There are other boats with Aluminum or Stainless frames. I like stainless.

2. It looks like there is only one position for the oars. If the seat is adjustable that shouldn't be a problem.

3. The top fabric is 600 denier PVC and the bottom is 900. Some boats have a heavier fabric. I don't know that this is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun View Post
    I just bought a 9, last years model and have not used it yet. I'm trying to figure out a way to put a wheel on it.
    Hi Mitch,

Here is a wheel that Buck's Bags sells. Maybe it will give you an idea.

5. Default Re: Seeking info....

[img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/attachments/f75/266d1162177631t-mikecurtispontoonboat.jpg[/img2] I've got few of these that I could let go cheep.

6. Default Re: Seeking info....

HAHA. Nice one

7. Default Re: Seeking info....

Quote Originally Posted by The Full Creel View Post
    [img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/attachments/f75/266d1162177631t-mikecurtispontoonboat.jpg[/img2] I've got few of these that I could let go cheep.
    Only if you throw in an anchor.....
    The head, the tail, the whole damn thing

8. Default Re: Seeking info....

Quote Originally Posted by The Full Creel View Post
    Steve! That boat rocks! Do you have a wheel for that one? What is the warrenty? *LOL*

Frank, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out their site for the wheel. FYI, the seat does adjust on the F.C. 9. No matter what I do wheel wise, I'm going to have to have some kind of bar or bracket welded on the frame.
    Thanks!
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
    Frank, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out their site for the wheel. FYI, the seat does adjust on the F.C. 9. No matter what I do wheel wise, I'm going to have to have some kind of bar or bracket welded on the frame.
    Thanks!
    Mitch,

How are you using your pontoon that you need a wheel? Mine is light enough that I can handle it with out a wheel. The places I fish you can drive up to the water to launch.

This is how I transport my pontoon. This is taken at the San Juan in new Mexico.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast