I did not want to catch this

makubwa

Reaction score

Picked this up on my last outing back home, was a mission to bring in and unhook, it stank loads also...

zerolimit

Reaction score
I accidentally caught duck once on a hula popper. It's kind of strange reeling in odd creatures on a fishing rod. Hoping the turtle made it thruogh ok.

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
hell its better than nothing haha. but if it stunk that bad i would just cut my fly off once i got it in.. lol.. poor stinky turtle just wanted some food.

makubwa

Reaction score
Yep, I made sure that hook was taken out - I am not going to lose a good fly on a turtle! I honestly do not want to catch these but it does make for an interesting catch as first you do not know what you have caught... then it comes to the surface and ...........

BigCliff

Reaction score
On the stinky topic, some advice: turtles are very frequently carriers of salmonella, so its best to keep one's hands away from your mouth after handling one. Learned that back when I had a Red-Eared Slider as a pet in college.

Colorado Cajun

Reaction score
That is the first turtle I hear off on a Fly Rod. I caught swallows on my 5 wt and heard of someone snagging a humming bird on their back cast.

waterman

Reaction score
Poor stinky turtle just wanted someone to play with!!

Caught a seagull once pitching a silver spoon to some Bonita.

makubwa

Reaction score
I have caught duck on a fly and a fish eagle when I caught a small tiger fish, that was a real big tug of war! Wish I had my camera there that day!