Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I offically look like a fly fisher..

Default I offically look like a fly fisher..

After weeks of saying I am getting waders I finally did it. I picked of the simms freestones and a redhead wade boot. so no I can get back to fishing with out going numb!! it wont be till next week I get to try them, as the park I fish is closed this weekend for a gun hunt. but Im ready to hunt trout in more comfort now!
    mike

Default Re: I offically look like a fly fisher..

Mbphotos

I got my first pair of waders a few weeks ago and the difference defies description... You are in for a real treat.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

I wear waders when it's 90 degrees. It's hot, but there are leeches in my favorite smallmouth stream. I've had them attached to my boots and waders when leaving the stream....

In fly fishing, like golf, some times looking the part is half the battle I have my waders, boots, vest, a couple vented fishing shirts, lucky fishing hat. shoot all I need is one of those cool neck lanyard and I will have the full cub scout uniform going.....hahhahaha

Jimbo
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fly fish and he'll probably go C&R, so you'll still need to feed him.....

I hear ya, after my feet went numb this past weekend, I bought the new Redington Sonicseam zip-front waders. Hopefully I'll stay dry, warm, and be able to pee easily!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

just wait I gotta funny photo to post , I wont have it till tomarrow. right now My cheapest large item in the ff game has been my rod and reel, which was used,, it doubled in value once I put new line on it.. but dont think I didnt look at new 8wts while I was at bps white river shop. maybe for next season. Ill have my camera with me first time out with the waders and report back of corse.

oh.. also picked up some cool flys while I was there.
    mike

Congrats! I was lucky enough to get some hand me down gear from some friends starting out so I had the problem of looking like I knew what I was doing when I didn't have a clue. Can't imagine fishing without waders this time of year.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojo View Post
    shoot all I need is one of those cool neck lanyard and I will have the full cub scout uniform going.....hahhahaha
    Do you mean uniform as in this?

Quote Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
    Do you mean uniform as in this?

Hahahhaaha, that is it, how did you get my picture, although it had to be from a few years ago....

Jimbo
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fly fish and he'll probably go C&R, so you'll still need to feed him.....

here it is offfical. hats not mine, shirts not mine but it seemed to fit the look haha. not sure it next week Ill get to fish, it is dark now when I get off work for there is only to time slots a week for fish now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast