Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default .....enough fish

Its been a great season. To be honest I really don't have a season per se, more of a transition from waders to wet wading and then back to waders. In any case it has been a good year with many memorable days and lots of fish caught.

Over the course of the year I have been privileged to land a few beautiful browns on dry flies, some amazing wild rainbows on hoppers and today a couple nice cutthroats. On the warm water side I had a few crazy white bass days that left shoulders sore and some mildly productive yet beautiful floats for smallmouth.

When I wasn't catching fish I got the chance to watch the native fisherman- that is, the bald eagles and blue herons apply their crafts. Some days I really felt like a complete novice in the shadow of their skills- other times I wasn't sure how the specie survives.

Throughout this season and to be truthful the past several, I have began to change a bit. Gone are the days where I spend hours and hours on the water. Now I enjoy the solitude of the drive to the river, spending around four hours fishing and then the relaxing drive back to reality.

Today was the perfect example. After a busy week I noticed that the Army Corps of Engineers was relaxing the flow on the Norfork River in Arkansas. Bright and early I left for the couple hour drive. My first cast landed on the cold clear waters of the Norfork at around 8:30am and by noon I had caught enough fish, what a great way to end the season.

PS- I'm not really ending the season I'm just now wearing waders on a regular basis.... I'll be chasing wild rainbows tomorrow as the cloudy cold weather promises to bring on a BWO hatch

Default Re: .....enough fish

A wonderful year end report Russell. Hopefully we will be able to meet in the near future and do some fishing together.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Default Re: .....enough fish

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    A wonderful year end report Russell. Hopefully we will be able to meet in the near future and do some fishing together.

Dave

I certainly hope so Dave, I was eyeing the generation ( or lack thereof) of the Little Red today before I headed to the Norfork. Perhaps sometime we could meet on the Norfork or the White, as that is kind of halfway between us.

Russ