Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ceiling Rod Racks

Thanks to everyone who answered my post about horizontal rod storage. They're nothing fancy but it helped clean up a corner of the room and rods don't fall over when I dig through them now. I made one for two piece rods and one for four piece rods. I might build another one for my larger diameter multi-rod tubes also.

Default Re: Ceiling Rod Racks

Nothin' wrong with those! Nice job.

Nice racks! I am saving this picture to show my wife everytime she gives me grief about the (small) number of rods I have at present

Quote Originally Posted by mysticm View Post
    Nice racks! I am saving this picture to show my wife everytime she gives me grief about the (small) number of rods I have at present
    Let her know that this is about half of my rods if it will help convince her that your collection is under control. If the number of rods I own is greater than the number of years I've been around, I might start thinking I have too many. I think the big multi-rod tubes are going to stay in the corner instead of going on the ceiling.

Nice...mind if I copy? By the way...I noticed the two triangular TFO cases....I am in love with those tubes! No rolling around.
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfzx View Post
    By the way...I noticed the two triangular TFO cases....I am in love with those tubes! No rolling around.
    Something that they "borrowed" from Fenwick
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

The triangle tubes are nice. I also have a square 4-5 rod tube from BW that goes with me on most trips. No worries about it rolling off the hood of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    Something that they "borrowed" from Fenwick
    You know, now that I think about .....you are correct. I have a vintage Feralite 6ft 5wt that has a triangular tube (hard plastic). I guess good ideas tend to stick around!
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Wish every company used a triangular tube, nothing more annoying than when a tube gets loose in the back of the truck and you hear it banging around with every turn.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Friend of mine has a similar set up in his motor home; just a bungee cord 'snaked around' the tubes/wood to hold them in place while driving. Works a treat.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast