Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 9 weight to eight weight

i have a tfo bvk 9 weight and i want a tfo bvk 8 weight and i dont want to buy another rod is there anyways to exchange them

Blog Entries

Default Re: 9 weight to eight weight

You have my curiosity up, why would you want to change such a minute thing as 9 - 8 in the same rod. I have a nine in Graphite and an eight in bamboo, this is not apple to apple but they are both a big heavy rod. I would guess that if I had an 8 in the same model as my 9 (graphite) I may not know which was which unless I read the label. I mean same age rod, same reels, line, etc. I don't believe I would notice the difference between them until I drooped to a 7.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

None that I know of, unless someone wants to trade.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

i want to trade the exact same rod for just one weight down

Blog Entries

Try an ad in the classifieds.

well i have a 9 weight line so i want somehting lighter but not so light that i can cast

I recently went on a redfish trip. i brought my TiCrX 8wt, my buddy brought the same model rod in a 9wt. There was a very visible difference between the two rods. It was clear the 9 was made from a much heavier blank than the 8, with a much thicker diameter butt. The difference in casting the two was very evident too. I wonder if the BVK exhibits the same feature changes...??? I'll contact my rep and see what he says.
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfzx View Post
    I recently went on a redfish trip. i brought my TiCrX 8wt, my buddy brought the same model rod in a 9wt. There was a very visible difference between the two rods. It was clear the 9 was made from a much heavier blank than the 8, with a much thicker diameter butt. The difference in casting the two was very evident too. I wonder if the BVK exhibits the same feature changes...??? I'll contact my rep and see what he says.
    Agreed. The blank used on the 9wt TiCr and the X is an odd blank. It's much closer to a 10 than an 8. Someone posted on another BVK thread that their wife throws a 9wt BVK and it's much closer to a true 9wt. If that's the case you won't notice much difference in the 8.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

whoops! my bad......clicked the post button too may times!
    Last edited by mrfzx; 12-08-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: duplicate posting
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Did you buy the rod from a local fly shop? If so, maybe they can work out a deal. If you bought it from a big box like Cabelas, they do have a liberal return policy (something like 90 days). If it's older than that, sell the sucker, but avoid ebay: they charge SOOOO much in fees!!! Ask me how I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast