Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... *photos inside*

Default brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... *photos inside*

went to cast a line earlier... it was sunny at first... then it got a little cloudy. then it got sunny again. it wasn't as cold as i thought it'd be. no hatch so i nymphed. i didn't catch anything but it felt good to get out. it was a good time to practice my single-handed spey casting..... i think my winston is too stiff, i dunno, but i had a pretty hard time with it.

anyway, here are some pictures of the river:

i was wading right in the middle of the river... wasn't paying attention to what was sticking out of the water. i figured it was just a tree stump or something until i got closer.

a nice 4x4. i highly doubt this buck succumbed to the elements or illness, but who knows. perhaps someone's archery kill....:

Blog Entries

Default Re: brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... *photos inside*

Looks like a beautiful river, too bad about the buck. They will head for water when wounded though, on one of my last trips out I found a dead brown bear in the river. I didn't ever mention it in a post because someone had taken the head and the feet. The entire carcass and skin were lying along shore, this was a remote river and bear season was over for months so I felt pretty bad when I saw what had become of that one.

Beautiful pictures, you should visit the Photography Chat thread located in the lodge Den and yak it up with the other photoids here

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Great looking water, I'm envious! Everything around here is frozen solid. It was -26 degrees here on Monday, but has warmed up pretty good today and they say it will be above freezing this weekend.

Larry
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Looks like a beautiful river, too bad about the buck. They will head for water when wounded though, on one of my last trips out I found a dead brown bear in the river. I didn't ever mention it in a post because someone had taken the head and the feet. The entire carcass and skin were lying along shore, this was a remote river and bear season was over for months so I felt pretty bad when I saw what had become of that one.

Beautiful pictures, you should visit the Photography Chat thread located in the lodge Den and yak it up with the other photoids here

Ard
    thanks ard.
    it's still archery season right now so i'm guessing this buck was wounded with a broadhead, tried to cross the river and couldn't make it.

as for the photography chat, i think i'll pass for now. all my photos are taken with my cellphone. thanks though.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Great looking water, I'm envious! Everything around here is frozen solid. It was -26 degrees here on Monday, but has warmed up pretty good today and they say it will be above freezing this weekend.

Larry
    thanks larry. now THAT IS COLD!
    this here river is the bitterroot, my favorite wintertime river.