Website Revisions

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Hello Folks:

Change is constant at NAFFF. We continue to upgrade the forum in order to make it better for all members.

Over the weekend, Code Monkey installed GARS which is an excellent article and gear review management tool.

What will you notice?

1. The three newest articles will be visible on the home page in center column
2. The fives latest gear reviews will be visible on the home page (coming soon)
3. Articles and reviews will be in a better format
4. You'll be able to rate articles
5. You'll be able to respond to reviews with your 2 cents worth
6. You'll be able to post your own articles and reviews

Take a look at the new Coldwater Article page at http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/f70/

We also installed GAZ, which is an excellent newsletter generator. Now, you'll be getting the Shadow Cast each month by email. The Shadow Cast is the official newsletter of the North American Fly Fishing Forum. It will contain informative fly fishing articles, the newest and hottest NAFFF discussions, plus much more. You will have a link to opt-out if you wish.

Stay tuned... the hits keep rolling in as more changes are coming.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Keep up the good work. I was sorry to see the greeting go away. It was nice to see if you had any new messages when you returned to the home page. It is not quite as convenient with out the greeting.

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Hi Frank:

Thanks for the input. I took out the welcome module in the left column because we also have a welcome module at the top of the page. It also shows if you have any messages. I admit its a bit smaller and doesn't show your pretty face but hopefully it will do the trick

Steve

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Also, the photo gallery will be back up soon. So, you'll be able to post your fishing pics.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the input. The greeting you took out told me if I had new post I have not read. The right hand greeting only tells me if I have Private Messages. The left hand greeting is missed but I am surviving.:)

Good news to hear that the photo gallery will be working. That is the one major item missing on this board. I hope it has the ability to browse my computer to upload a photo.

Thanks again for the good work that has been done on the Forum in the past couple of months or so.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

You don't have to put it back just for me if you need the space. I like it there but you are the man. I do find it very convenient.

Thanks again.