Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: streamer box recomendations

Default streamer box recomendations

My simms large boat bag is struggling to keep all my boxes in it currently and my streamer collection is exploding by the day.

I currently have an umpqua boat box - large, filled to the brim with big streamers, a cliff bugger barn- large, filled to the brim, and a wallet set up for saltwater fishing filled to the max.

I was thinking either 3 of the new MFC boat box's (slightly smaller than the other two boat boxes, but with the added benefit of the leaf divider in it

OR

a series of plastic planno type boxes that will hold a pile of streamers and allow arrangement for size and color (sizes from 1/2 in to 5-6 inches, which that majority of my flies are). i am worried that these boxes, while compact, will not fit a ton of flies per box and take up more space than they are worth. anyone have any input? Im guessing at any given time i am rolling with 200+ streamers.

Default Streamer storage recomendations

My simms large boat bag is struggling to keep all my boxes in it currently and my streamer collection is exploding by the day.

I currently have an umpqua boat box - large, filled to the brim with big streamers, a cliff bugger barn- large, filled to the brim, and a wallet set up for saltwater fishing filled to the max.

I was thinking either 3 of the new MFC boat box's (slightly smaller than the other two boat boxes, but with the added benefit of the leaf divider in it

OR

a series of plastic planno type boxes that will hold a pile of streamers and allow arrangement for size and color (sizes from 1/2 in to 5-6 inches, which that majority of my flies are). i am worried that these boxes, while compact, will not fit a ton of flies per box and take up more space than they are worth. anyone have any input? Im guessing at any given time i am rolling with 200+ streamers.

Default Re: Streamer storage recomendations

Send them to me, and I will properly sacrifice them to the fishing gods- a dozen for the mighty god of the submerged stick, a dozen for the vengeful god of the submerged rock, and two dozen for the omnipotent god of the tree in my back-cast area.

Seriously though- I went through this kind of **** when I was tournament bass fishing. I got jaded with the whole experience, and downsized everything and started fishing rivers instead. If I can't carry it, it stays home.

Blog Entries

Default Re: streamer box recomendations

Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but....reservoir fishermen use this kind of huge box here in europe...
    Bob Church Triple wooden fly box in Green finish FB24 | eBay