I've seen drift boats, but this one has a 'Wow Factor' beyond anything I've ever seen

fyshstykr

Reaction score
I can only imagine the crocodile tears that will roll if someone scrapes up the interior with their cleats on.:D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
That is indeed a work of art, it would be hard to actually put it in the river to have rocks bang up the bottom and the sun bleach out that beautiful wood interior. Makes you wonder how many man hours he has in all the beautiful wood work.

Larry

littledavid123

Reaction score
Jason Cajune, from Whitefish, Montana would have made this boat. Go to Montana Living.com and click on outdoors and you can read an article about him.

Dave

popperfly

Reaction score
WOW!! …..Nice drift boat, reminds me of the wood work on the Chris Craft boats back home. I grew up about 2 miles from where they built the old Chris Craft boats. I would just hate to maintain all that teak wood; I assume its teak wood.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The boat is for sale on another forum, I took out the link and moved the pictures here so it could be seen. The price is 11,500, my first thought was 'that's a beauty but I would have it all hogged up in a season'. It is located in Michigan so if anyone is really interested send me a PM and I'll link you to the sale listing.

I don't believe the wood is teak, it looks like stained oak veneer panels especially the side walls and the little console box. It would make a beautiful boat to own but the business of keeping it in good condition would be a chore all by itself.

Hi popperfly,

A good friend of mine kept a 32' Richardson Sedan and a 40' Owens Motor Yacht up at Montour Falls on Seneca Lake NY. Both wood boats, both restored with loads of teak & mahogany in the builds. They were beautiful but he and his wife spent a great deal of time every winter in dry dock working those boats to keep them that way. I almost became the owner of a 1932 Carver Sedan back then. It was a beauty with duel ford strait six flat head motors and a cabin that looked like something out of a movie. I often wonder how that would have changed my life. My dream of ownership was to use the canal system to reach the St. Lawrence Seaway and then tour the Great Lakes using the boat to travel and a little Zodiac skiff to explore rivers and creeks. Sounds like I would have needed another lifetime to get around to that huh? I held onto that dream until I left the North East, by 2002 I had scaled the boat down to a deep V 21 footer with a 90 horse Merc. I figured it would get much better gas mileage and with the proper water proof covers fastened over the bow for stowing gear it would work just fine. The boat was welded aluminum with an open stand or sit console, it would have been like riding a motorcycle along the shores of the Great Lakes but you could carry adequate gear along for the extended trips. Somehow there were realities that got in the way of the grand plan and I never followed it through.

When it came to planning an adventure I was never one to think small, I still have day dreams of all the plans I have conceived but did not have enough time to pursue but then that's the stuff of life eh. I still have ambitions but the age thing is slowly but surely catching up with my ambitions. All you guys reading this who are only in your 20's or 30's, when it comes to planning an adventure all I can say is dream big and you better make a few of them come true because you'll remember all the ones that you didn't.

Ard

popperfly

Reaction score
Great story Ard and very true, we don't get younger only older. Definitely make the most out of life as you can.

The boat is for sale on another forum, I took out the link and moved the pictures here so it could be seen. The price is 11,500, my first thought was 'that's a beauty but I would have it all hogged up in a season'. It is located in Michigan so if anyone is really interested send me a PM and I'll link you to the sale listing.

I don't believe the wood is teak, it looks like stained oak veneer panels especially the side walls and the little console box. It would make a beautiful boat to own but the business of keeping it in good condition would be a chore all by itself.

Hi popperfly,

A good friend of mine kept a 32' Richardson Sedan and a 40' Owens Motor Yacht up at Montour Falls on Seneca Lake NY. Both wood boats, both restored with loads of teak & mahogany in the builds. They were beautiful but he and his wife spent a great deal of time every winter in dry dock working those boats to keep them that way. I almost became the owner of a 1932 Carver Sedan back then. It was a beauty with duel ford strait six flat head motors and a cabin that looked like something out of a movie. I often wonder how that would have changed my life. My dream of ownership was to use the canal system to reach the St. Lawrence Seaway and then tour the Great Lakes using the boat to travel and a little Zodiac skiff to explore rivers and creeks. Sounds like I would have needed another lifetime to get around to that huh? I held onto that dream until I left the North East, by 2002 I had scaled the boat down to a deep V 21 footer with a 90 horse Merc. I figured it would get much better gas mileage and with the proper water proof covers fastened over the bow for stowing gear it would work just fine. The boat was welded aluminum with an open stand or sit console, it would have been like riding a motorcycle along the shores of the Great Lakes but you could carry adequate gear along for the extended trips. Somehow there were realities that got in the way of the grand plan and I never followed it through.

When it came to planning an adventure I was never one to think small, I still have day dreams of all the plans I have conceived but did not have enough time to pursue but then that's the stuff of life eh. I still have ambitions but the age thing is slowly but surely catching up with my ambitions. All you guys reading this who are only in your 20's or 30's, when it comes to planning an adventure all I can say is dream big and you better make a few of them come true because you'll remember all the ones that you didn't.

Ard

dean_mt

Reaction score
Jason Cajune, from Whitefish, Montana would have made this boat. Go to Montana Living.com and click on outdoors and you can read an article about him.

Dave
Yep, that sure looks like a Montana Boat Builders drifter. His shop is in Livingston now. A guy I know bought one a couple years ago. It took about year to get the bought, they involve the customer through the entire process, lots of custom work. I fished in the boat a couple times. I was afraid to row though, at $20,000 I was almost afraid to fish out of it. It turns a lot of heads in the shop parking lot, at the put in, at the take out...

http://cajuneboats.squarespace.com/boats/big-recurve-skiff/

Is it your boat, Fred?

Last edited:

wjc

Reaction score
I've never fished from a drift boat, but that one is certainly a thing of beauty. Fred, I assume those curved pedestals are for supporting anglers who are standing and casting in rough water? They are beautifully made.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I've never fished from a drift boat, but that one is certainly a thing of beauty. Fred, I assume those curved pedestals are for supporting anglers who are standing and casting in rough water? They are beautifully made.
Jim: That is correct, the curved pedestals are leg braces to support the angler while standing.

cromney

Reaction score
Sick rides for sure. I've probably spent too much time looking at Jason's site, incredible boats. After reading about the construction process, material and his workmanship, not only are the boats super sexy but functional, high performing and very durable boats. The hull seems to be bomb proof.

Someday, maybe...when I win the lottery...but I don't play the lottery so....

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Sick rides for sure. I've probably spent too much time looking at Jason's site, incredible boats. After reading about the construction process, material and his workmanship, not only are the boats super sexy but functional, high performing and very durable boats. The hull seems to be bomb proof.

Someday, maybe...when I win the lottery...but I don't play the lottery so....
Clint: Don't forget to hit up "uncle Fysh" for the cash, after all it is the Christmas season, maybe you will catch him in a good mood! :D:D

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Thinking back now...we seen one of these in a deep dark blue color parked on the side of the river in the canyon last summer. They are jaw dropping for sure.:surprise:

Clint: Don't forget to hit up "uncle Fysh" for the cash, after all it is the Christmas season, maybe you will catch him in a good mood! :D:D
That would be Mrs fysh you need to talk to, I'm a starving student living on raman noodles and wienie water soup. :eek: