Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1,096
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Vehicle

Default Re: Fishing Vehicle

Got to do this over the weekend:
    Great thing about those old XJ's, I STILL wasn't stranded or stuck, got me home!
    Last edited by nevadanstig; 11-12-2017 at 11:06 PM.

2. Likes littledavid123, jeepster II, mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Here's a collection of some pretty sweet looking Jeeps at the SEMA show.

The Jeeps of SEMA 2017 – Expedition Portal
    Larry

4. Likes westcoast, littledavid123 liked this post

No shortage of ideas there.

6. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by gpwhitejr View Post
    I don't understand why the minivan is so disdained in the US; it is about the most practical vehicle on the road. Europeans and Canadians do not share that view.

Toyota made some one-off versions of the Sienna, one that is like a tank and one that will beat a Camaro on the track. Sadly, they will not be on the market any time soon.
    I'm Canadian and I share that view. Seriously not cool ☺

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

8. Likes littledavid123 liked this post
  9. Default Re: Fishing Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rfb700 View Post
    I'm Canadian and I share that view. Seriously not cool ☺
    Why, though? That is what I don't understand. What is it that makes it not cool?

Why, though? That is what I don't understand. What is it that makes it not cool?
    Styling, performance, etc. It's the soccer mom's vehicle of choice. It has zero wow appeal.

11. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

Lift it by about 10 inches and put a decent all wheel drive system in it, and it may be more suitable for Canadian winters and going off road to your favorite water hole.

This would work for me ...
    3Kb3H23l95I55L95Ffd2l2addba889e981a97.jpg; 600 x 450 (@100%) | Lifted Vans | Pinterest | Vans, 4x4 and Camping

13. Likes littledavid123 liked this post
  14. Default Re: Fishing Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rfb700 View Post
    Styling, performance, etc. It's the soccer mom's vehicle of choice. It has zero wow appeal.

I guess I have always valued functionality over style. I have looked at pickup trucks and SUVs, but haven't found anything as functional overall for my needs. I had a Ford Explorer for a while, but as far as "performance" (depending on what you mean by that) it had nothing on the minivan. Though I would buy this if it ever came to market:

How Toyota Turned a Sienna into the World's Most Bad-Ass Minivan – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

(When I feel the need for a "wow," I have a Japanese crotch-rocket that provides any necessary adrenaline rush.)

15. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

I guess I have always valued functionality over style. I have looked at pickup trucks and SUVs, but haven't found anything as functional overall for my needs. I had a Ford Explorer for a while, but as far as "performance" (depending on what you mean by that) it had nothing on the minivan. Though I would buy this if it ever came to market:

How Toyota Turned a Sienna into the World's Most Bad-Ass Minivan News Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

(When I feel the need for a "wow," I have a Japanese crotch-rocket that provides any necessary adrenaline rush.)
    I'm not knocking their practicality. I had a couple when my kids were growing up. But their cool factor is sorely lacking. It's like driving a station wagon in the old days.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

17. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

I've had 2 mini-vans. The first was primarily a family vehicle, but the second was strictly a 2 seat camper.
    Both were 5 speeds, which I don't think that they make any more, got 28 MPG, and were great in the snow. Plus more cargo space than my truck.
    A perfect fishing vehicle for me if they only had better ground clearance.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

19. Likes littledavid123, rusty 54 liked this post
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast