Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Super Vest

1. Default Super Vest

Having fallen into deep water in my new gortex waders, I purchased a kayak fishing vest, added a water bottle and a sunglass case creating SUPER VEST Haven't tried it on the water yet, but contents include:

Nippers, Clamp, Fly Box, Camera, Floatant, Dehydrant, Hook Sharpener, Strike Indicators, Leaders, Sinking Tip, Rain Jacket, DEET, Mosquito Net, Knife, Whistle, fly patch, water bottle, sunglasses and license.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Super Vest

Having fallen into deep water in my new gortex waders, I purchased a kayak fishing vest, added a water bottle and a sunglass case creating SUPER VEST

Hi Oregon Streams,

Sounds like you have it well equipped. What does falling into the water has to do with getting a new vest? Is it a flotation vest?

I use to carry a bunch of stuff but as I have gotten older I carry very little on me. Here is what I carry. A nipper, forceps, small pliers for tying knots bending barbs and crimping shot, a couple of small fly boxes, yarn for strike indicators, shot, small scissors, a couple of leaders and a couple of tippet spools.

3. Default Re: Super Vest

Hi Frank... Yup... Its a type III PFD for Kayakers, so it has plenty of room for fly casting. I do a lot of hiking before I reach my fishing holes so I need to bring plenty of water.

4. Default Re: Super Vest

Well I was able to test the idea of using a Type III Kayak fishing vest as wading PFD on a small stream and it worked great. On this particular small stream there are still areas where you can become submerged. It was nice to have water handy and the large sleeve openings provided plenty of room for casting. No need to worry about CO2 cartridges or finding the pull tab. I will need to test the idea on a large stream or river as the vest may interfere with aggressive deep water wading, but so far, the combination of a gortex wader and Kayak PFD seems to work.