Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New too forum semi new to fly fishing anyone willing to talk

Hi,

Names nick i am just looking for someone to talk to, ask questions give me tips, advice explain casts, when to use what flies, lines and rods. I know its a lot but i guess i kind of just bought a rod and reel line etc. and just casted i feel like i have a pretty good cast and a variation of casts just not sure if they are real or right haha. Anything would be great

THanks A lot!!!!

Default Re: New too forum semi new to fly fishing anyone willing to talk

Welcome! Most on this forum are "willing to talk", you just have to ask a specific question! I've been around for a couple of months now, and I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned here, so ask away!!!!
    - Rick

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky

just post a thread with a question and alot of very experienced people will answer remember specific questions elicit specific answers

haha thanks yeah thats good idk i guess i live in an area where fly fishing is entirely diferent then traditaional trout fly, im from wisconsin and nortchentral area. Yeah im from Merrill, WI and 15 minutes north we have the famous Prairie River accept they just shocked the water and found 3+ 40inch plus muskies so you can imagine what happend to the trout population. So the majority of fishing i have done is on lakes for blue gill, crappie, perch etc. Having never really paid much attention to river structure accept downed trees vegatation and rockpiles/drop offs. So i guess river reading i have no knowledge of and would like to become familiar with that before my trip to wyoming haha. and if anyone have a good say in st.croix avid vs. greys xf2 streamlight theyd both be four weights over 9 feet and used for nymphing...

Hi and welcome.
    Bruce

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by lbz_2006 View Post
    i am just looking for someone to talk to, ask questions give me tips, advice explain casts, when to use what flies, lines and rods.
    THanks A lot!!!!
    Well you found the right place. Welcome to the forum.

7. Default Re: New too forum semi new to fly fishing anyone willing to talk

Hi, welcome to the forum Ibz! What do you want to know and I am sure someone will have some advise for you!! So much to learn!

Hey Tam. go pack!!! Im self taught too. Ive been an addict for about ten yrs now. It takes time youll figure it all out. read lots of books, and watch experienced anglers.

Blog Entries

welcome ibz
    it sounds like you have allot of good questions covering a wide variety of subjects.
    as far as the goodies that you have access to here, i would say that you hit the mother load

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

Nick: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing. Check out YouTube, it has lots of videos on fly fishing. Here is one on reading the water on a stream: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj8kwbSXtfA]Reading Water: Seams, Slots, Tailouts, Undercuts, and Logjams - YouTube[/ame]
    Here is another one: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqWK23tT6SM&feature=relmfu]River Recon: Reading Water - YouTube[/ame]
    Here is another: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmma51l-91M&feature=relmfu]Reading Colored Water: Zero Visibility - YouTube[/ame]
    Here is another: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YYhxZ1Icg&feature=related]Fishing Slots, Drop-offs, Riffles, Seams, Pools, and Boulders - YouTube[/ame]
    Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast