Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weiner Dog fishing

I'm thinking of starting a new park sport. Dog fishing. If they will run with a hook less fly, it could be good practice for big fish.
    Bear with me, I'm trying to figure out video posting from vimeo. We'll see if it works.
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/34957037"]http://vimeo.com/34957037[/ame]

Also taught my mom how to roll cast on Christmas; she hit the target several times... I think a little brook trout is in her future!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/34957173]Untitled on Vimeo[/ame]
    Last edited by tbblom; 01-12-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: wrong video, added another.

Instagram page @tblom77

2. Likes gatortransplant liked this post

Default Re: Weiner Dog fishing

Coming from someone who used to have one, This. Is. Awesome.

I fly fish for cats all the time.
    We have 4 at this point and when they see me come into the back yard with a fly rod, they come a runnin'

I use a "bob" fly that's about as big as a small bird and made up of gobs of colorful bucktail and saddlehackles tied on a length of stiff mono.
    The cats will attack the line just as quickly as they will the 'bob' so I use an old cracked 8wt line on my w*lmart 6wt that I just leave out hanging from the porch ceiling.
    The down side is that I'm no longer able to just go out in the yard and cast a line without attracting their attention.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Damm. Tried it with my bloodhound pup & he grabbed the rod...
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----

You'd want to try that with our Baxter? Pi$$ed off weiner dog = 666 devil dog/land shark.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

i had fun with the cat that hangs around the house, this cat catches humming birds so it was no surprise it was goign to snatch a red blob of yarn haha, even took it and ran, was fun till I tighten the drag... TWANG!!

Blog Entries

I don't have any dogs or cats, but my son has two kittens, I bet we could have a blast casting to them! LOL!
    Larry

9. Default Re: Weiner Dog fishing

That is awesome...I go to try that. I am thinking an 8 wt as he is pushing 20 lb...muscular 18...LOL

Very impressive roll cast without water. That is tuff to do. I see Brookies and Trout at the end of that line in the near future.
    Keep up the great work and videoing.

Baxter def. looks like some sort of mako/dachsund hybrid!
    I bet he fights awesome, a dog to take you to the backing...

Instagram page @tblom77

Stooopid weiner dogs.... We have a dapple that provides hours of entertainment and runs the show over our much larger Viszla.

I fish, therefore, I drink...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast