Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: At the movies

Default At the movies

Think we all do this when it comes to our pastime. We go to the store for food end up in sewing and arts and crafts section looking for tying material. Our better half takes us wine tasting but we spot a flea market with rods and equipment. At an outdoor wedding by a lake we see this guy way out casting and have to know what he's using and catching. Your at a party for someone you don't know but spy a bamboo rod by the fireplace now you want to know your host. Then there are movies. Hey we all know "A River Runs Through It" and "River Wild"but what about those little things that pop up in so many flics. The other night I rented " Rise of The Planet of the Apes" to watch with my grandson and don't you know the ape keeper is tying a fly ! So what I'd like to hear about are movies, tv movies and television shows that have scenes no matter how small with our pastime in them.outdoor channel stuff don't count. I'm betting there are quite a few.

Blog Entries

Default Re: At the movies

There wasn't a second of fly fishing in the horse Whisperer but a beautiful little stream ran right through the homestead where Redford lived. How could they have a whole flipping movie about Montana ranching and not have the guy fish that creek in the evening even ONE TIME????

That's what I'm talking about!

Catch and release.
    [ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395495/"]Catch and Release (2006) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNTk2NjU1MjMyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc5NjE0MQ@@._ V1._SX94_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BNTk2NjU1MjMyNV5BMl 5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc5NjE0MQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX94@@AMEPAR AM@@SY140[/ame]

It wasn't fly fishing, but I always enjoyed Henry Fonda and his pursuit of Walter in On Golden Pond.