Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vest, Lanyard or Chest Pack?

Default Re: Vest, Lanyard or Chest Pack?

I have been using this vest for the past year.

Simms New Guide Vest, Khaki, Large

I find that I do most of my fishing on my own. It has plenty of pockets for fly boxes, a survival kit, a couple of WP bags and my trusty Ka-Bar.

I've probably over done it in gear. Started with WASATCH TECH PACK (vest/pack), then added the WATERDANCE GUIDE PACK (fanny/waist), then finally the TUNDRA TECH PACK (chest/back pack). The waist pack gets most use if I'm kayaking (used in tandem with vest/life preserver jacket) or walking a river/lake. Tech pack gets used on those far away all day trips and whenever I take DSLR and tripod fishing (springcreeks/mtns). Vest doesn't get much use anymore. Never used a laynard, but I tend to carry a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rapman View Post
    I've started to gather the bits I need to make my own lanyard, but haven't had any luck locating foam or neoprene tubes for the back of my neck. Any suggestions, Dan?
    Lowe's/Home Depot-Pipe insulation foam OR I use large diameter surgical tubing for the neck string on heavy aprons OR for one of my home made duck call lanyards I used brown plastic tubing made for swamp cooler water supply.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123