Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Outer Banks, NC

Default Outer Banks, NC

So, I'm going to be going to the Outer Banks in late July/early August and I was wondering if anyone knew of any fly fishing opportunities that don't require a boat. I'm not picky about the species. It could be the size of a panfish, just as long as I'm not casting in a crowded place where I might hook someone. I don't mind driving up to an hour for a spot, also, if there is any trout fishing an hour inland in NC. Thanks so much in advance.

Default Re: Outer Banks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by maccadon3000 View Post
    So, I'm going to be going to the Outer Banks in late July/early August and I was wondering if anyone knew of any fly fishing opportunities that don't require a boat. I'm not picky about the species. It could be the size of a panfish, just as long as I'm not casting in a crowded place where I might hook someone. I don't mind driving up to an hour for a spot, also, if there is any trout fishing an hour inland in NC. Thanks so much in advance.
    I'd think that the only "trout" you might find are sea trout. Though, I am not 100% certain of that. Me personally, If I were fishing fly fishing the Outer Banks, I would target Red Drum or something similar. I was checking out Cabelas, and the have a great special going on...pick yourself up an 8wt rod and you're all set.

Cabela's: Cabela's RLS Fly Outfits