When does a mission become an obsession?

swirlchaser

Reaction score
All I want is the perfect running line. Is that too much to ask? Most of my fishing is done from the surf with shooting heads. Here's what I need:
1. 100-120' long
2. Slick enough to shoot, but textured enough to hold on to for stripping a hook set
3. Able to sit in a striping basket WITHOUT tangling or kinking
4. Manageable in temp ranging from 30-90 degrees.
I've tried hollow mono braid, Spectra braid, coated running lines, flat mono running lines, nothing has made me happy. I just spent 3 nights working 120' of 20lb test mono through 120' of hollow PowerPro Ace. Yes I did it with a 3" sewing needle and yes it took 3 nights:eek: I think it's safe to say this quest has gone off the deep end, if this doesn't work I can always hang myself with my newest attempt at the perfect running line:rolleyes:
[/IMG]

greenfish4

Reaction score
All I want is the perfect running line. Is that too much to ask? Most of my fishing is done from the surf with shooting heads. Here's what I need:
1. 100-120' long
2. Slick enough to shoot, but textured enough to hold on to for stripping a hook set
3. Able to sit in a striping basket WITHOUT tangling or kinking
4. Manageable in temp ranging from 30-90 degrees.
I've tried hollow mono braid, Spectra braid, coated running lines, flat mono running lines, nothing has made me happy. I just spent 3 nights working 120' of 20lb test mono through 120' of hollow PowerPro Ace. Yes I did it with a 3" sewing needle and yes it took 3 nights:eek: I think it's safe to say this quest has gone off the deep end, if this doesn't work I can always hang myself with my newest attempt at the perfect running line:rolleyes:
[/IMG]
Lol good luck man :)

wjc

Reaction score
My cod! I finally found someone worse than me!:D

Have you been listening to Mad Max, the Aussie who fishes for marlin off jetties with a TH rod that has a Penn senator or something mounted to it?