Scadden Boats

blitzbound

Reaction score
Hey Folks, i'm in the process of buying a new Scadden pontoon boat... Been doing a bunch of research on-line and came up with this forum.... Looks like a bunch of good info, so thought I'd join.
I actually already ordered an X5 at the recent FF Show in NJ. The boat will be used primarily on the upper Delaware River- not much in the way of whitewater... My primary concern is being able to back row, anchor and stand comfortably... I'm a big guy and I'd like a stable platform... I have the chance to change my order to an Avenger... Was looking for some input- do I really need 12' boat? Is it going to be that much more stable?
Thank you in advance for any info!

mojo

Reaction score
Hey Folks, i'm in the process of buying a new Scadden pontoon boat... Been doing a bunch of research on-line and came up with this forum.... Looks like a bunch of good info, so thought I'd join.
I actually already ordered an X5 at the recent FF Show in NJ. The boat will be used primarily on the upper Delaware River- not much in the way of whitewater... My primary concern is being able to back row, anchor and stand comfortably... I'm a big guy and I'd like a stable platform... I have the chance to change my order to an Avenger... Was looking for some input- do I really need 12' boat? Is it going to be that much more stable?
Thank you in advance for any info!
Again, personal preference. I have an X5 and a buddy has the Avenger. Side by side not really a big difference. He's about 6' and 230 or so. Not fat either. I'm 6'3" and 225.
Neither of us has any issues standing and casting, rowing or lack of stability.
The Avenger is a foot and a half longer, but 8" wider, with 18" toon diameter. The X5 toon diameter is 15".
200# capacity difference
One thing to think about is really how much you think you'll anchor in moving water and use the casting platform.
Either boat should work for you, and if you need the larger capacity and room, get the Avenger. If not stick with the X5.

blitzbound

Reaction score
Thanks for response... The most important thing for me will be dropping anchor and fishing standing up.. Water isn't rough/white, but it can push pretty good (fishing good up to 10k cfs on big river).
Again, thanks for input...