Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thumbs up The Fishin' Hole

I'm sure many of you remember The Fishin' Hole with Jerry McKinnis, TV's longest running fishing program.
    I was searching my files this morning for something else when I found this, Jerry's final words from the final episode.

Take your dad fishing, or your mom.
    Heck with this "take your kid fishing" - take your dad fishing.

When no one is around to hear you, sing to your dog. It does wonders for your soul.

In your lifetime of fishing catch at least one of the three ultimate fish. A snook, steelhead trout, or a smallmouth bass.

Never kill a fish, or any animal for that matter unless you intend to eat it.

Set aside at least two minutes every day at least when you don't say anything and don't hear anything.
    Be funny every chance you get and by all means be responsible

Here we go - Last but not least, I want you to get ready for things to happen just exactly like they are supposed to.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.Ē --- Horace Kephart

Default Re: The Fishin' Hole

valuable words on advice.

Blog Entries

Thanks Rip. I believe Mr. McKinnis is now part owner of B.A.S.S., the major pro fishing tour. milt.

4. Default Re: The Fishin' Hole

I always enjoyed his show! Got a kick watchig him fish Smallies & Blue gills. He left you with a tip on living.

Thanks for that post. Always enjoyed the show and those words of wisdom are so true. One thing that always amazed me about Jerry was one of his favorite fly partners was Bobby Knight. Strange bedfellows for sure!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    One thing that always amazed me about Jerry was one of his favorite fly partners was Bobby Knight. Strange bedfellows for sure!
    On that last show was a long segment with Jerry, Coach Knight, and Ted Williams salmon fishing. One of my favorite TV moments.
    While this was well in to the modern graphite era and Mr Williams could well afford the newest and shiniest, he was fishing with one of his old Sears rods and a Medalist reel.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.Ē --- Horace Kephart

Guys like Ted Williams and Lee Wulff prove the point over and over that it's the caster and angler behind the equipment not the equipment.
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

8. Likes Rip Tide liked this post