TICR 8wt 9' 4pc

lindmar

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this rod?

I find something a little confusing.. When you put it together, they say.. its simple.. just line up the dots and everything will be strait. The problem I'm having is there is about an inch between the two dots as the pieces don't butt up to each other....

So it really makes it hard to judge if it is actually strait and online..

Does this make sense? Does anyone understand what I'm saying...Does anyone have any advice? :confused:

bonefish41

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this rod?

I find something a little confusing.. When you put it together, they say.. its simple.. just line up the dots and everything will be strait. The problem I'm having is there is about an inch between the two dots as the pieces don't butt up to each other....

So it really makes it hard to judge if it is actually strait and online..

Does this make sense? Does anyone understand what I'm saying...Does anyone have any advice? :confused:
Most of the time the dots are apart .5 to 1 inch Line the dots then sight down the guides use your eye...look away then look back...put it down a minute or so then sight the guides again that's the final test of alignment your eye on the guides

lindmar

Reaction score
OK thanks.. I wasnt sure if I was supposed to get them very close.

Either way, I have a feeling one of my dots is slightly off and its throwing me off.

Ive asked a few people to ensure I'm not losing my mind :)

Surfin the Susquehanna

Reaction score
I tend to slap my 2 piece together and run with it. I'm so anxious to get that darn fly on the water that I live by the theory that if it's close... good 'nuff.

Jackster

Reaction score
The problem I'm having is there is about an inch between the two dots as the pieces don't butt up to each other....
I'm not sure you know that the two sections are not supposed to butt against each other on rods with spigot ferrules like the TICR.
Just a warning.
The gap is for wear.