Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: So excited

Default So excited

The feeling never changes . Tomorrow I leave with my son to our annual fish till you drop trip to the Keys . The excitement and anticipation never gets old. Getting packed fixing gear and planning each day just adds to the thrill .
    It's like when I was in elementary school and my Dad would tell me on Friday that Saturday we were fishing . Forget about sleeping that night. And my Dad was smart enough not to tell me during the week knowing no school work would get done. It's a great feeling even better when you get there . Always time to sleep when your time is up!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

2. Likes Rip Tide liked this post

Default Re: So excited

Sounds like a hoot Boz, have a slice of key lime pie for me...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

In Miami a few weeks ago for work, but our last night we made our way to the Keys. Found a great restaurant , if you are interested: Islamorada restaurant offering gourmet dining: Marker 88

Enjoy!
    - Rick

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky

Blog Entries

For me too, I'm going to hit the Keys in a few months and I'm ALREADY looking forward to the food there. I can't even think about the fishing, I have schoolwork to get done, haha... Have fun down there, looking forward to the reports!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Thanks Rick . Place is great . Ate there last year . Great atmosphere to!
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    Thanks Rick . Place is great . Ate there last year . Great atmosphere to!
    We sat to the right of the dock, just off the water edge. They have that "lagoon", with underwater lights, and we kept seeing the shadow of a good size fish just outside of the light (never did get a good look at it), and whatever it was, it kept pushing smaller baitfish into that lagoon! Watched the fish, until the Mojito's started to kick in!
    - Rick

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky

Those are the resident Tarpon. They treat them like pets. So many places in the area have these groups of dock fish . Bud n Marys , World Wide Sportsman and at Robbies it's a tourist attraction. Some huge fish ! I like to see those when were looking for them by the bridges.