For our Visitors & Guests Viewing the Threads;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Every day we are host to an average of 3000 visitors on the forum. 'Visitor or Guest' would mean that you are not a member but are out there somewhere and viewing / reading threads and posts. Why not help this to be a huge membership by registering as a member? It's free, it's easy, and you can then join in the community more fully.............. If you do decide to join us you can say I sent you :D

Thank You,

Ard

bogdanlover

Reaction score
Ard,
Once someone opts to become a new member, are they allowed to sell fly fishing collectibles/memorabilia, etc? If so, is there a number of days one must be a member prior to doing so?

Thank you kindly

aphex0

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you have to post 20 times. I need to sell some stuff as well. Unused Cabelas stuff.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Yes, 20 post.:)
Some additional info, if someone joins the forum and quickly runs there post count up in a day or two and starts posting items for sale it does tend to raise some eye brows.

Most Mods/members prefer a new member to hang around a while and become a regular contributor before posting items for sale.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Off the top of my head the "20" sounds about right. But make them real posts, things of interest, of contribution to the thread.

For context, I've purchased a LOT of stuff of this Fora, SpeyPages, UK boards from regular posters and never been disappointed.

So what does 'disappointed' mean?

"Street Cred" as the youngsters would say? In many years only had two (SAME FRING'IN DAY!) had a 'Say what?' on my PayPal/credit card bill. I was WRONG! Forgot the two were the same day/same amount ($350.00).

End game was e-mail apologizes to both/"Sr. Moment", and " bank cashier cheque" is in the mail to you tomorrow." Context: If I fluff one, I have no problem saying so .....

Probably "Street Cred," is what counts. Theirs and mine?
Me thinks, me thinks.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Ard,
Once someone opts to become a new member, are they allowed to sell fly fishing collectibles/memorabilia, etc? If so, is there a number of days one must be a member prior to doing so?

Thank you kindly
After you are active on 100 threads or make 100 posts, you may list in our classifieds. However, if your only purpose for registering is to sell, the membership seems to resent such behavior and seldom buys. My advice would be; join if you wish to participate and then if you decide to list something your item will be viewed as being sold by a forum member not as by an outsider looking to use us as a marketplace.

Hope that helps,

Ard

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Nice post...Thanks for the info.
Welcome to the forum Alyssa, :)

Last edited:

ts47

Reaction score
If you are a visitor, you should simply hit the join button. I did and I don't get paid anything for saying this.

Joining is free. You will Not get spammed by anyone. It's fun to interact with everyone. Most of all, it will be a lifetime of free and friendly, advice and learning from some of the best fly fishers in the world!

The only suggestion I would make is as you learn more about what you are doing, please give back to the newer members what will be given to you when you join.

This forum has been the best money I never spent in fly fishing! :) :welcome:

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

U

uintahflyshop

I agree with all the wonderful reasons for joining this site. The expertise of the membership is second to none. But I would clarify that it's okay to register and sell products as long as you register and sell as a business member.

$150 for 3 months as a business member is actually a bit high relative to other marketing channels. And believe me, I know all the tips and tricks at this point. But I stay a business member because I've come to respect a lot of guys on the forum. Even though I own a fly shop, I still pick up a lot of tips and tricks from these guys. I don't always respond because I'm busy as hell trying to keep my business going and selling/tying just ahead of high season. But I do read the forum as a non-seller too....

Finally, I'd ask those who don't like seeing solicitations from paid business members to remember who we are. We're your friends. You fish next to us on a crowded Sunday morning. You hit that favorite coffee stand on the way to that favorite spot just as we do. We LOVE this sport. It's in our blood. That's why my son has had a rod in his hand since he was 3. And probably most important, we listen to you. We're not the "weekend sales guy" at the big box stores. We help clean up the rivers. We preach conservation. We fight for public stream access. And we try to do our part to make sure everyone has an amazing time on the river.

I know 95% of the membership gets this. For the other 5%, please dont judge us too harshly. God bless to all. And a special thank you to our customers and friends.

double d

Reaction score
I do not post often on this forum, but I do read a lot of great information-thanks to everyone for sharing in their knowledge, love and protection of our natural resources. I would also suggest a $35 yearly membership to Trout Unlimited-great organization.