Pawn Hoppers?

Curtis

Reaction score
Any of you out there into checking the pawn shop shelves for fly gear? I go occasionally and I always seem to find something I want, though more often then not, I don't buy. Yesterday I was able to score an Orvis Fullflex glass rod in near mint condition. This rod dates back to the early 70's. It is rated as a six but I brought it home and put on a five weight line and it is like butter. It will cast the tippet but will also kick out 50 foot casts without hesitation. Cannot wait to hook some fish on this thing.

Anyway, anyone else into checking out the pawn shops or flea markets?

dougm

Reaction score
Curtis ... As they say in the 'ole country, you done did good!

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why dont you really rub it in and tell them all what you paid for it?
:surprise:

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Well since East Texas isn't the mecca of fly fishing... we don't find much fly gear in the Pawn Shops.

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thefullcreel said:
Well since East Texas isn't the mecca of fly fishing... we don't find much fly gear in the Pawn Shops.
Nothing but guns and empty beer cans? :worthy:

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Yea... that's about right. Maybe a few spittoons and Zebcos also.:teef:

Fish Bones

Reaction score
I didn't think it would take long for Cliff to jump in and do a little East Texas bashing!!!

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cliff Hilbert said:
The empty beer cans aren't in the pawn shops, they're all along the roadside.
So they are evolving from the back of the pickup truck to the side of the road? [poke]

Cliff Hilbert

Reaction score
fshfanatic said:
So they are evolving from the back of the pickup truck to the side of the road? [poke]
The ones alongside the road are the ones that these rednecks in East Texas try to throw in the bed from the front seat while they are going 70 mph and miss the truck bed.

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cliff Hilbert said:
The ones alongside the road are the ones that these rednecks in East Texas try to throw in the bed from the front seat while they are going 70 mph and miss the truck bed.
That explains alot. Thanks!:shades:

Curtis

Reaction score
Yeah, but I was wondering if those fridges on their front lawns really work and do they keep their beer in them?

tightlines57

Reaction score
Hank Hill, assistant manager Strickland Propane here and I take offense to all of this.

Cliff Hilbert

Reaction score
The refrigerators on the front lawn are the ones they bought at garage sales and they worked for several months (hey, what do you expect for $10 ea.). When they quit working they just find another one for $10-15 and put the old one out on the lawn hoping to trap the neighbors' cats in them so they'll have something to use for jerky.

Fish Bones

Reaction score
I threw a broken microwave oven out the back door of my mobile home once. It still had a bowl of corn in it. It was so cool watching the door fly off and the corn fly everywhere. It sat in my back yard for a couple of months. Does that make me an East Texas Redneck??? :thmbup: