Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond pet food recall

Default Diamond pet food recall

Where have I been. i just found out today that the Diamond dog food that I've been feeding Rufus has been recalled... Here I've been avoiding any pet supplies made in China & find that there's a problem with US stuff. I guess that the fact the recall is "voluntary" is supposed to make it easier to take.
    Is there any dog food out there that hasn't been recalled??
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----

Default Re: Diamond pet food recall

We always go with Pedigree wet and Purina One dry never had an issure or heard of any recalls on them.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Gosh Neil, I dunno?

I think most all of them have been recalled an one time or another. We try and stay with one of the better brands hoping that we don't have any problems, even spending the extra $15-20 may not be enough to guarantee being safe and I'm very hard pressed to pay $50 a bag for some of the other high end stuff.

I'm a bit leary on the highend stuff, I mean when would a dog ever eat carrots and peas? The best bet is to find a brand your buddy or buddies like and stick with it, changing foods on them can mess up there digestion.

My dogs love to munch on carrots, bananas, and brocholli.....the later makes them rather "odoriforious" though.
    They even sneak in the garden when I'm picking 'maters and steal them out of my bucket.

6. Likes milt spawn liked this post

Hahahaha! No kidding!! I gave one of mine a baby carrot once and he carried it around like toy tossing it all over, never ate it and 'burried' it in a pile of dog blankets. I know all about the oderiforious eminations, we just took in another stay as the other rescuers around are full and while she was getting used to eating normal dog food (instead of god knows what) we were graced with both audio and aromatic pleasentries.

Blog Entries

Our dog eats better than I do. I am not kidding. A little over six months ago my fair lady decided that our three cats and a dog should be on an organic diet with raw meat (free range turkey), whole grains, free range eggs, vegetables, legumes, powdered egg shells, vitamins E, A D, "Healthy Powder" (soy lecithin, kelp, nutritional yeast, vitamin C - powdered and mixed) and healthy oil (canola, olive, or cod liver) The dog also gets butter in hers as her metabolism is rather high.

It is an amazing amount of work and a pain in the behind to store, as the meat is raw. I thought it would last a month and we'd be back to buying Diamond pet food (Taste of the Wild brand - expensive too!) But she has really stuck with it and we are used to it now. She is a real animal lover and works her butt off at the SPCA as a vet nurse for very pretty low pay.

That's my gal! She's a champ. I just gotta make sure I don't use up the dog's organic butter on my toast or I'm in trouble (true story!) We live in SF - this is actually not atypical here. Go figure.
    ~Noiso
    "By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach

Blog Entries

Diamond had some major issues about 2 - 3 years ago if I recall...... Here, our dog Boss was always hard to please on the diet thing. He just is a strange dog. When he decides not to eat he will pass up burger! He was always big but skinny and light for a Shepherd. Over a year ago he and I spent about 3 weeks out at the cabin and he went into a food stall on me. I plied him with a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese 'The Cheesiest' and he scoffed it down along with some dry food. So now we buy the 15 pack of Mac & Cheese at the Cosco outlet and keep it on hand. The dog eats a variety of Iams Mini Chunks, Iams canned, and Mac & Cheese.

Since he went on the pasta he has put on almost 20 pounds and is over 90, somewhere about 89 - 92 pounds depending on how often he is draining the dish.

Last week;

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Rufus will eat anything I hide. If I put something new in his bowl he'll ignore it. I either have to make like I'm enjoying it or hide it. he now will eat carrots, apples, bananas, broccoli, and anything on the 2 lower shelves in the fridge if we don't put the velcro strip together to hold the door closed. Since his paws reach my shoulders & I'm 6'5" Counter surfing is a breeze to him.
    Oh the joys of being owned by a bloodhound.......
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----

My two Labs, Bruno and Pearl, will almost anything that is in reach. I feed them Nutro Max large Breed. They are both over 100 pounds (him 108, and her 111)....yes a bit portly,(her more than him), but very active. I like the Nutro because of the high amounts of Glucosamine and Chondritin in the food. So far the only thing I have found that they avoid is mustard, dill pickles, and green olives (they like the black). For them, a small bag of baby carrots makes a really great (cheap) source of healthy treats.
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast