Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rod Cabinet/Holder

1. Question Rod Cabinet/Holder

Anybody know where I can get some plans to build a rod cabinet or holder for my home. At this point, I only have 3 rods, one of which is the new Sage ZXL. Now that I am done with college and gainfully employed, I hope to keep the collection growing. I am looking for something about 2 ft. wide with drawers for reels and fly boxes. I tried searching for some other threads on the subject, but I didn't find any. Maybe I searched wrong. I've found a couple of things with google, but they are premade and some cost >$2,000. Forget that.

Thanks
    Looking for a cool signature.

Default Re: Rod Cabinet/Holder

found these- http://www.minwax.com/projects/stora..._Pole_Rack.pdf

Fishing cabinet

I suppose you could alter the bottom part of the second one to have drawers instead of cabinet doors.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Default Re: Rod Cabinet/Holder

Hi VizslaTrout,

Get a hold of any Cabinet that has the storage space and drawers you want and then add rod holders to each side. A used furniture store may be a good source for a cabinet. I have an old wooden 4 drawer file cabinet that would work well. It is deep enough that you can hold several rods on each side. Let us know what you come up with.

Frank

4. Default Re: Rod Cabinet/Holder

Thanks, I've been toying with a couple of ideas and making some sketches. Hopefully, my uncle will let me use his woodshop and give me some help. It may be a little while before I can get things done, but I'll keep everybody posted and ad some pics when it's done.
    Looking for a cool signature.