Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8WT rod

Default Re: 8WT rod

If you want a 7wt with a lot of backbone buy a Colton. I have over lined mine with an 8 line. I think if one is strong enough it would stop a truck. I really like mine.

I highly reccomend an 8 its fun getting fish on a 6 but as said before when a monster slurps up your fly your gonna want more than a 6 its better for the fish and better for you not to have to tier them out all the way. And may I reccomend the G Loomis pro4x its been my go to rod this year ad in 8 weight its amazing.

8 wts. have become so light that, when I cast one a thousand times per day, I hardly notice. And so many different actions....find one that suits, and have a blast.
    Gary

4. Default Re: 8WT rod

Look for a Redington Predator 8wt. They make a shorter 7ft10in rod specifically for bass. I found mine on Sierra Trading Post for CHEAP. It was less than $100 with a coupon I used. I have caught several nice bass on it and it can't be beat for the price.

Hi guys !

I'm also looking for a 8 wt rod. One question for Alaskan anglers : for Silver salmon in august and rainbows, is it better a 9' or 10 ' rod ? I saw the Echo Ion and look a great rod (I have an Echo 3 and love it !)

Thancks

Hi Colin.
    Gary hit The Nail on The Head,you can hardly notice the difference between using an 8Wt all day & A Lighter Rod,a #8 Rod will do the job better.

Ben. I don't think you'll go wrong with a 8Wt to take to Alaska.
    At one Lodge I used an 8Wt for Trout & Salmon another I used a 6Wt as I mainly caught Rainbows.
    Also as mentioned there are some 7Wts with heaps of Grunt,however I'd still go for an 8Wt in a 9Ft even though I have The longer Rods,which I find are better suited for Lake use.
    Brian

Thancks Brian !!

Do you know were you'll go this summer ? (what lodge ?)

Ben,

I use a 9ft rod, it seems most of my friends here use a 9ft, or go 2 handed.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nd14ax

Ben,at this stage I'm uncertain as I caught a Virus & haven't been 100% for two months now,I'm slowly improving & hopefully I can return this year,if not it will be definately next year..

Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by stanbiker View Post
    Ben,

I use a 9ft rod, it seems most of my friends here use a 9ft, or go 2 handed.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nd14ax
    Ok Stanbiker, I thinck I' will go for a 9'.

Thanck you

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
    Ben,at this stage I'm uncertain as I caught a Virus & haven't been 100% for two months now,I'm slowly improving & hopefully I can return this year,if not it will be definately next year..

Brian.
    He Brian !! I hope you'll get better and fighting with big silvers !!

See you

Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12