Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catch the same fish twice in one day?

Default Re: Catch the same fish twice in one day?

One day on the Ham's Fork in SW Wyoming, I broke off a nice sized trout. About 30 minutes later I came back to the same hole again and hooked another one. When I landed her, she still had my first nymph stuck in the corner of her mouth.

I can't definitively say that I've done it in one day before. I know someone who's caught the same trout twice within an hour on multiple occasions. I've caught the same fish twice with a year in between.

Blog Entries

I really appreciate when, as has already been mentioned, you catch a fish that would seem like it should be dead from some serious-seeming injury. My friend caught a small rainbow with a huge bite wound in it, and returned it to the creek. I have caught the same fish multiple times over in the same area on both dries and nymphs. Despite a bite that stretches from its dorsal to its belly, the fish not only survived but continues to feed voraciously!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

I have done it with small Pike, Panfish and and a couple of Smallmouth before. A couple of years ago I caught the same Walleye twice but it was on Oct. 5th the first time, and Oct. 20th the second. Then My Canadian Fishing buddy caught one on Oct. 6 th this last Fall and I got it again on Oct. 20th the second time. There must be a lesson in there somewhere but danged if I know what it is.

Blog Entries

yeah, i've caught allot of fish more than once. when i was a kid i fished a stretch of the upper anchor river in alaska, and caught native rainbows out of holes multiple times.
    recently last week i caught a really big(10"+) crappie three times in an afternoon and had the same big largemouth on twice. go figure.

casey

ARFE

I've suspected it a few times, but not sure. Back in my spinning days I had a nice smallie break off with my favorite lure, only to catch him two casts later with the first lure still in his jaw. That one, I was sure about.

Blog Entries

It happened to me several times...last year I caught a rainbow when I arrived on the water in the morning...and caught it again before I left in the eveningon a black chub special in the morning...on a yellow one in the evening

Years ago took a bunch of guys from work Bluefishing on my boat on Long Island Sound. Two of them had never fished in the salt and went out and bought brand new conventional tackle. About an hour into the trip Joe ( the guy with the new rig) put his rod down to pour a cup of coffee . Fish hit brand new rod and reel over gone and good bye!
    Continued fishing all day and into the early evening. Caught plenty of Blues all day between 10 and 12 lbs lots of fun.even got a chance to nail a few on my 12wt which was a blast. Towards the end of the day I mentioned we should hit one more spot and head in . All agreed and a few minutes into the drift Joe using one of my extra boat rods hooks a gorilla! Asit comes along side I notice another line hanging from what was definitely the biggest fish of the day. As pulled on the line up it came Joes new rod and reel. The odds of this happening as far as we were from where he originally lost the rod and 8 hours later would be akin to hitting the lottery. Not to mention the hundreds of other boats that had been fishing the Sound that day!
    Catching the same fish twice paid off for my friend Joe in a big way!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trout sniper View Post
    I once hooked a nice little trout on a nymph, took the fly out of his mouth, and placed back in the water. I watched as he turned around and struck the same fly he had just been unhooked from. Too funny. I had to repeat the same process all over again.
    That's a dumb fish.

I hooked myself in the thumb twice yesterday on the E Walker in about 10 minutes. Could be a record for idiocy in a short time frame.

10. Likes dhayden liked this post

Default For sure once.

I was fishing the Current River in MO last year and stripping a w.bugger after the swing I was just letting sit in the current, Had a great strike and the fly was gone. Twenty minutes later the same thing, landed the fish and retrieved my bugger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast