Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good deals on gear?

1. Default Re: Good deals on gear?

Sierra Trading Post has a lot of good deals on fly fishing gear. I have bought several rods, reels and lines from them. Signup for their deal flyer and you will get emails for 30-40% off every week. You can find some smoking deals there

Default Re: Good deals on gear?

Quote Originally Posted by matt o View Post
    Sierra Trading Post has a lot of good deals on fly fishing gear. I have bought several rods, reels and lines from them. Signup for their deal flyer and you will get emails for 30-40% off every week. You can find some smoking deals there
    True, and I have bought way too much from them over the years. It's worth keeping in mind, though, that most of their stuff is discontinued clearance items.

Another great place for discontinued stuff at big discounts is Fly Shop Closeouts.

Default Re: Good deals on gear?

There's also a few shops that have 10-15% (sometimes more) discounts occasionally.. and it's on anything

Also, look for demo rods..
    Dave

4. Default Re: Good deals on gear?

I tend to stick to two rules on this.

1. High-end quality gear (Sage Rods,G.Loomis Rods, WW Reels etc) I allow myself to buy second hand, mainly since they tend to be in good shape from previous owners. (Being expensive and all)

2. Mid-range quality gear I try to snatch at sale's, (Cabelas Bargain Cave is a good place) and special offers.

I quickly found out that budget gear is precisely that (IMO) so I quickly developed those 2 rules. My Allen Cascade Gear Bag (Get one!) now holds 2 Sage, 1 G.Loomis, 1 Airflo & 1 Cabelas rods, as well as 3 WW reels and RIO/Airflo lines, at approx 60% of MSRP. The only item close to MSRP in my bag is my Sage ONE, which I did get a 10% discount & free RIO line with. But that was also my 40th bday present.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12