Best Large Fish Pictures

completehatch

Reaction score
I want to see fish that were caught recently (within the last month) and know where you caught them, and what you caught them on.

That was in April, on the Housatonic River in Connecticut, on the March Brown.

Last edited:

bucktail

Reaction score

Came on a backstabber and gave me one heck of a workout this was at a small lake in St. Charles Illinois.....estimated 15 to 18 pounds my largest ever!

Didgeridoo

Reaction score
Been a pretty good spring so far. 3 personal bests and lots of quality fish caught! I'm up to 295 fish landed this year since April 7th!

28.25" rainbow on a size 6 scud (pb)

36" catfish on a size 2 sculpin

28" rainbow on a size 8 beaver leech

26" brown on a 4.5" long deceiver pattern (pb)

25" brown on a chenille worm

26" tiger trout caught on a size 8 olive ice minnow (pb)

26.5" rainbow on a size 6 scud (regret not measuring the girth!)

Nick

chased

Reaction score
Caught in creek that runs through a pasture on some family owned farm land on a nasty looking craw. Not the biggest I've caught out of there but one of the few that I have a decent picture of.

rangerrich99

Reaction score
30 plus inch brown hen about a three weeks ago, lake in northern AZ, on a Lenny's Special Lite.

Here's a 22.5 incher i caught the next day, same lake, on a moorish pink foam hopper.

This 22 plus I actually caught about 7 weeks ago, but I just like the look of him, so I thought I'd post it.

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
Here's a 24 inch Lahontan Cutthroat from Pyramid Lake 2 weekends ago on a Patriot Midge created by a buddy of mine.

Didgeridoo

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks guys. I enjoy catching big fish and I choose where I fish wisely to best my chances. =) I'm not a numbers guy. I don't want to catch a hundred 20" rainbows. I'd rather catch one 28". But that's just me. ;)

Thanks again guys. Some great fish on here! Rich those browns are awesome!!!

Nick

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I must concur that Nick seems to have a way with the fish thing. No big fish for me yet this year but there's always tomorrow :D Very few are photoed and fewer measured but they sometimes happen. I'm thinking on a new camera, a little point & shoot so that maybe I'll get some quick shots before they're gone.......... as for the "where I got them" part I always seem to come up short on that part of the story :D

Great fish from all,

Ard