Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who has a 20/20?

Just curious here who has a 20/20 under their belt? For those of you that don't know, it's a 20 inch fish on a size 20 or smaller fly. I finally found a location where it is very possible, and hope to do it in the next few weeks.

Default Re: Who has a 20/20?

Quote Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
    Just curious here who has a 20/20 under their belt? For those of you that don't know, it's a 20 inch fish on a size 20 or smaller fly. I finally found a location where it is very possible, and hope to do it in the next few weeks.
    Not me but I hope to someday. I like where this thread is hopefully going....Bring On the Pics!!!!
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Yes, pictures please

Blog Entries

I have been close a few times. Most of the waters that I fish, I don't need to fish anything smaller than an 18.

Dennis

Hopefully I will be able to do it this next week during my trip to the San Juan! I will post pics If I do it, and probably even if I don't . I've beent ying lots of midges, biggest size 20.

Guilty as charged. 20/20 and the Mile High Club!
    We have a tailwater around here that breeds huge browns. Most of the biggun's are fooled at night on meaty flies but every so ofter during the day they sometimes take teeny black fly larva or small scuds. All that talk about energy expended vs. energy gained from what they eat almost flies out the window.
    The trick far more than hooking them is landing them in good enough shape to survive. Small flies have to be tied on light tippets... this is where smooth drags and not too stiff or too soft rods absolutely shine.

16/16 ... common.
    18/18 ... though I don't have proof, I'm sure I've achieved this in a Clark Fork trico hatch.
    20/20 ... just my vision!

Twice.

South Platte River in Cheeseman Canyon directly above the Wigwam Club water.

Both on a #20 RS-2

Chris

Blog Entries

I have an 18/18 - Lower Sac. Has anyone got a 2/2? Now that would be rare!
    ~Noiso
    "By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach

Blog Entries

Numerous times, but mostly on the San Juan river in NM. There it is pretty easy as you are primarily fishing with size 24-26 midges on 6x tippet to really big fish. My signature photo shows just one that has been landed there.

Larry
    Larry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast