The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM

kjd is on a distinguished road

I checked Queen Charlotte Islands off my list two years ago. It was unbelievable!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bucket List Fishing Trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
#1-East Coast bluefish blitz.
Been there, done that... I've caught a few of them but most of the time
there's so much going on that you have to cast to the outer edges of the mess. A buddy had his line chomped in half, when he lowered his rod & let the line hit the water. Ck out this video

Kjd. What did you fish for there ? I'm on the other coast & never heard of the place..
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Noiso liked this post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:17 AM

Chinook Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod and various Snappers. Fresh Crab everyday at the lodge. Amazing scenery but it's in the middle of nowhere : ). We stayed in the small town of Sandspit
Old 06-08-2012, 12:17 AM

Steelhead is very popular there to but I did not have a chance to target them
Old 03-08-2017, 07:18 AM

brokeoff will become famous soon enoughbrokeoff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiso View Post
I have to add
A native brook trout stream on the right coast.
This makes me realize that I should go get one this season. Makes me appreciate that some of the best stuff is right in my own backyard. Usually I'm day dreaming about some exotic trip. This year the focus will be stripers on the flats, and now a native brookie.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:41 AM

crc01 is on a distinguished road

That list grows everyday .

I've scratched a few off of it in recent years. I try to do 3 trips a year but I love Montana so much I try to make that 2 of them.

In the last two years I've done:

1. Montana
2. Everglades
3. Campeche for juvy tarpon (seriously some insane fishing and a cool trip all together)
4. The Caribbean side of Mexico for Permit in Xcalak (awesome, awesome place)

Still on my list are, in no particular order:

New Zealand
Argentina
Chile
Seychelles
Mongolia
Slovenia
Baja for beach roosters
Costa Rica for Jungle Tarpon
Alaska (every fisherman should go is what I hear)
Musky in a river somewhere
Multiple western states

Heck I can't list them all, I want to fish everywhere!

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeoff View Post
This makes me realize that I should go get one this season. Makes me appreciate that some of the best stuff is right in my own backyard. Usually I'm day dreaming about some exotic trip. This year the focus will be stripers on the flats, and now a native brookie.

Yup, when I get back from a trip I take the first chance I get to go jump on the skiff with my dad. As much fun as traveling and experiencing new places/fish is, nothing gets my heart going like a schooling of feeding redfish.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:53 AM

old timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to all

I only have one.

I'd like to go to the UK and fish North Country Spiders on the Yorkshire rivers and fish dries on the chalk streams of Hampshire.

This would take me winning Powerball to happen. So the odds are silly long of this ever happening. However, we can all dream.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:06 AM

brokeoff will become famous soon enoughbrokeoff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I only have one.

I'd like to go to the UK and fish North Country Spiders on the Yorkshire rivers and fish dries on the chalk streams of Hampshire.

This would take me winning Powerball to happen. So the odds are silly long of this ever happening. However, we can all dream.
I think you need a jar, a label and marker. Put the jar on a shelf, put the label on the jar, and write 'chalk stream' on it. Fill it when you can.

You will get it done.

I guess the good news is that you live in CO. A destination on my bucket list. I hope to get down to the Platte in the next few years.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:21 AM

izak is on a distinguished road

How about tigerfish in the Okavango Delta - Botswana? That would be a great change of scenery and some excellent fishing to go with it.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:31 AM

old timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to allold timer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeoff View Post
I think you need a jar, a label and marker. Put the jar on a shelf, put the label on the jar, and write 'chalk stream' on it. Fill it when you can.

You will get it done.

I guess the good news is that you live in CO. A destination on my bucket list. I hope to get down to the Platte in the next few years.
I have no complaints on where I live. I live on the Arkansas River which is about 100mi of Gold medal water. I can also drive to, fish, and drive home in one day for the Dream Stream (So Platte), Frying Pan, Roaring Fork, Taylor and a bunch more.

I just can't shake the itch I have to fish in the UK. I'm into tradition and history of fly fishing and the UK has it.