Help with Montana dream vacation

egsb

Reaction score
Hello all,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. My name is Sheree and I am a recent college graduate looking to take my dream vacation! I was hoping that some of you may point me in the correct direction for the best guide service for me. I have done online research and the number of guiding services out there can be overwhelming. Hopefully your local knowledge can point me in the right direction!
I am looking for a 4 day 5 night (possibly 5 and 6) all inclusive fly fishing trip in the yellowstone area; fishing the madison, yellowstone and others. A package that includes lodging, meals, guides, and equipment is the goal. I have found numerous companies that offer similar packages and just wanted to see if any of you have particular outfitters that would be a great fit.

Thank you for your time!

Vans

Reaction score
Holy Cr@p, I'm jealous!

That is about all i have to offer, sorry. I could give the help you needed if you were coming to Oregon but i have yet to fish Montana. There are plenty of folks here who have and can help. Give it a few days for others to check back in.

biggie_robs

Reaction score
Unless you have budgetary constraints, I would suggest you look at the Orvis endorsed lodges. You can find them pretty easily from the orvis.com website.

I have never been to Montana before, but I'll be there for the last week of August this year--we did have budgetary constraints, so we didn't go with an Orvis endorsed lodge. We wanted to, but we just couldn't make the money work.

dean_mt

Reaction score
Sheree, welcome to the forum. You are a lucky dog, that is for sure! Four or five days guided and staying in lodge will be the trip of a lifetime. Since you have an area zeroed in on, I honestly don't think you'll go wrong with any all inclusive lodge you find. I mean it is a specialty trip, and you won't be let down. Good luck!

L

Liphookedau

Hi Sheree.
Welcome,I see you have done a search,hopefully some of our regulars will answer,one has just moved to Yellowstone,also there are quite a few others know it well.
There's quite a few Places you can stay in The Park.
I hope your Vocation goes well.
Brian.

rider14x

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your trip, it is going to be a fun one no matter which guides you choose. I am headed to Livingston next week and have some days booked with Yellowstone Angler. I know they aren't an all-inclusive lodge, but I'll give you a report when I get back.

Good luck!

dhayden

Reaction score
Here's a local outfitter that represents a number of places

Yellow Dog

You might tell them what you're looking for.. they might suggest one that would be a good fit

egsb

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all of your excitement and help so far! I still haven't narrowed the search down to one yet but I am eagerly searching!