Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't make it up!

So with the heat, low water and total boredum driving me out of my head I decide that instead of watching the grass dry up I'd go and stand in the water and pretend I was fishing somewhere productive. I go to a different spot where a little creek dumps in and the water is a little cooler. Start working my way down the run hoping to find a hammer handle or smallie and feel bump bububump dead weight, what now. Start stripping in what I think is half a sycamore limb and low and behold I land a brand new 7' Shimano Sensilite with a Sedona reel complete with a twin tail chartruse jig!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can't make it up!

I'm right there with you, the heat, the boredom, low water. On a positive note I have been tying flies, which is probably my favorite past time when I can't get out on a stream.

Sounds like you got a once in a lifetime catch there WT.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Brother I could open a second hand store with all the stuff I find on the Cuyahoga, especially below the water treatment plant. Too bad I can't find any willing fish!

4. Likes piscatorial_phd liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    So with the heat, low water and total boredum driving me out of my head I decide that instead of watching the grass dry up I'd go and stand in the water and pretend I was fishing somewhere productive. I go to a different spot where a little creek dumps in and the water is a little cooler. Start working my way down the run hoping to find a hammer handle or smallie and feel bump bububump dead weight, what now. Start stripping in what I think is half a sycamore limb and low and behold I land a brand new 7' Shimano Sensilite with a Sedona reel complete with a twin tail chartruse jig!
    I can't believe you found my rod...

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Just kidding

Blog Entries

Luckily the person just before you was having so much trouble finding fish that they chucked their rod in the drink
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Funny thats exactly what I thought at first! I know I've been there a few times!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    I'm right there with you, the heat, the boredom, low water. On a positive note I have been tying flies, which is probably my favorite past time when I can't get out on a stream.
    Word, i have sooo many flies now. Im gonna have to start throwing out old ones just because I dont have enough room, ha.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Blog Entries

That's a good find Bill

A few years ago I watched a guy trying to haul in a silver out on the Island. He snapped the fish off and then went berserk. At the culmination of his ranting he threw his fly rod and reel into the river and left I spent the evening dragging weighted flies along the bottom trying to snag into it but came up dry. You got a setup without even knowing it was there, it don't git no better

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Yeah it worked out pretty good, I gave it to my uncle as a belated birthday present. Now if I could only snag a Dickerson 8' 4wt with a 3" St George!

11. Default Re: Can't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    That's a good find Bill

A few years ago I watched a guy trying to haul in a silver out on the Island. He snapped the fish off and then went berserk. At the culmination of his ranting he threw his fly rod and reel into the river and left I spent the evening dragging weighted flies along the bottom trying to snag into it but came up dry. You got a setup without even knowing it was there, it don't git no better
    I took a distance casting competition winner to one of my favorite tree lined brooks for some flyfishing one day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast