Rainbow Rescue Operation.

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On Thursday I went fishing with my colleague Pierre and his brother who had never seen flyfishing before…he wanted to see how we fish nymph on sight.We fished a little section and were lucky enough to catch a few bows and some chub…a huge one too:eek:.He was delighted to locate fish and see them taking the nymph:).When we finished fishing the fast section we got to a pool…Pierre immediately located two bows….we caught them and then a lot…the pool had been stocked the day before.In the evening my friend Batistou called me and I made a report of our outing…on Friday he called me again” JP we have something to do about these bows before the weekend,if a “meater” comes to the pool it’ll be a slaughter:mad:. I remembered there was a keepnet in my dad’s garage and took it.So this morning we got up early and went to the pool…fortunately nobody was here yet:)…Batistou had taken a big bin but we finally decided to use the keepnet.We put it in the water a started fishing on nymphs…the numerous bows were not difficult to catch and although we unhooked some we managed to catch around thirty.Everytime there were five or six in fish the net one of us waded downstream with the keepnet in the water and released the trout in the fast section…:sweatingbafter a few hours strikes got rare and we could catch a few more on dry…when….a “meater” his wife and his dog( a kind of pitbull:icon_twis) arrived.They were wearing a swimsuit,trainers and carrying two big spinning rods,a picnic basket and a little green bucket used by pike anglers to keep little bait fish…We said hello but he didn’t reply…he got into the water between us and starting casting like mad…he quickly hooked a rainbow he dragged on the bank and put in his bucket:shocking:…I had a look at Batistou and he understood immediately it was high time for us to go…:eek::p

Last edited: